Strangers in the house - A love story

Strangers in the house - A love story

Hi everyone my name’s John. My better half is Caroline you already know her.

How did we meet?

I lost my first day wife, Carol, to breast cancer. Months of intense grief brought on pleurisy. I had trouble moving and breathing. A friend was coming round regularly to check on me.

One afternoon the doorbell rang, I struggled to the door, opened it and there stood this beautiful young woman that I didn’t know.
She said “hello John, I’ve come round to see how you are”.

I invited her in and we sat in my lounge. She actually sat in my favourite chair and obviously felt so relaxed that she removed her boots and swung her legs over the side!!

We chatted effortlessly for 2 hours and then I said to her “by the way what is your name?”

She gasped and leaned forward in the chair, obviously very embarrassed!

She explained that my friend was unwell and had asked her to pop round. She thought my friend had explained the situation.

We started laughing.

A little while later she said she had to go home. We got up and went through to the kitchen. We looked at each other and she said “I know what you want” and threw her arms around me and kissed me - WOW!!

We met up the next day and within 24 hours we knew it was right. We were married 6 weeks later and have been on honeymoon for 27 years.

So sometimes letting strangers into your home can have a positive, life-changing effect.

All the best

John

38 Likes

What a lovely and heart-warming story!!

1 Like

What a wonderful story.

1 Like

Oh John that is such a wonderful heart warming story… has made my morning happy (but with a small tear). Thank you for sharing :heart:

4 Likes

Thank you John, not just for bringing some love to our day but for being open, warm and feeling able to share your love story with our community … :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

A true love story - Thanks for sharing :heart:

2 Likes

Such a beautiful story! Thank you for sharing.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing Caroline’s and your story, John! I’m smiling from ear to ear as I drink my coffee. :sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

All you need is love!!! Thanks for sharing such a heartwarming story with us :heart:

3 Likes

Absolutely love love love this.Thank you so much for sharing this incredibly heart touching history of who you are and came to be.
Perfect things happen just at the right time when they are needed most in unexpected places from unexpected people.
This is perfect.
Thank you and all the very best.

3 Likes

That is just so :blue_heart: LOVELY :blue_heart: & heart warming!!!

:green_heart: :green_heart: :green_heart:

2 Likes

@CarolineJohn1 , John, what a heartbreakingly beautiful story. It was kismet. Wishing you and Caroline one hundred more years of happiness

2 Likes

This message is for everyone who has sent such lovely replies to our story.

John is in tears reading them and we are both so amazed that our story still has the power to touch hearts

Thank you everyone

John and Caroline :heart::heart::heart_eyes::revolving_hearts:

8 Likes

Love is forever @CarolineJohn1 and for everyone. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
We need more of this and people Like you and your John who are willing to share it with open hearts. :sparkling_heart::heart::kissing_heart:

2 Likes

My guess is that your story is likely to be included in the next newsletter that goes out from THS (right, @Angela_L ?) and so it is likely to be shared with many many more people. You may need to stock up on tissues for John, just like many people stocked up on toilet paper at the start of the pandemic. :rofl:

6 Likes

Thanks so much for sharing your lovely and inspiring story. You’ve certainly warmed a few hearts around the world with it x

3 Likes

What an incredible and sweet story!

3 Likes

Beautiful story. Thank you John, for sharing with the community. Such a story of love!

2 Likes

Thank you and welcome back to the forum!

3 Likes

This gave me goosebumps and made me smile. What a great start to a Monday!

2 Likes