Found love

Hello everyone!
Very new here, but needed to share and shout out the good news. I found it, well we found each other. Met on a beach and pretty much love at first sight. We met over christmas. I was from out of town. But alone over the holdays. He invited me to show me around. We walked around christmas eve for hours and it turned magical. Cant explain it. Didnt understand it. And met a few times after. Totally innocent. But these feelings. Wow. Anyway, before i left he said it. He felt these things and he had to tell me before i left. Could this be a thing between us ? Well i left. We talked for hours for weeks and then I went down for a week and stayed for 2. Well next week he is flying up and driving back with me. Im moving to Florida with a man. Love at first site. I have to say, i wasnt easy. I fought it in my head. But it is real. After recently divorced after 38 years. Single for 2. I made a man in my head. Pieced him together like Frankenstein. And here he is. Right in front of me. Fell in love for the last time in my life. So thanks for this site. I had to come home and pack my stuff to go home. Life is short. Live it. Found my joy. Amazing and truly blessed.

27 Likes

Hello, @Purpleshel was this during a housesit? Such a wonderful story and so happy for you.

2 Likes

Yes it was!!! And we couldnt be happier. We met. And then we got together a few times before i left florida. Then we talked all the time. Lo gest i think was 5 hours. AnywY we wanted to follow through and see how this ends and i flew back down after a couple weeks. I originally went for 1 week and changed flight to stay another week. Coming home and im packing. One pf those love at first sights kinda things. Remarkable. Truly remarkable.

4 Likes

I love a good love story! We have had others meet and fall in love whilst using TrustedHousesitters. Always great to hear and best wishes to you both.

3 Likes

What a wonderful story! I have a similar one - I met my husband on a holiday 44 years ago. I was from Canada and he was from England. We travelled back and forth for a year and were married a year after we met. The rest is history - still travelling the world and house sitting together! Best of luck to you!

9 Likes

Love that!! Love a good love story. Congratulations on your wonderful long marriage.

1 Like

Really, id love to hear all about them. Is there a place for those to post? There were so many moving parts to get us together. So many pr the simpliest things that could of happened to not meet. Therfore, it was written in the stars. How we feel.

2 Likes

The ones that I remember were from quite a while ago and were shared by permission as part of our Marketing/member’s shared stories. If I find any I will send them to you. I met my USA husband (I am from the UK) on a vacation in Bali.

3 Likes

@Purpleshel what an absolutely true love story…the kind they make movies out of! Keep us informed!

1 Like

Wow that is so awesome. It has been very exciting. And I am so grateful. This was the first sit after they thought of all things I had a brain tumor. Thank goodness I didn’t, but it made ne decide to go live my life. And so with with what I love. Travel and pets. So it was a win win and we won in so many ways. Can’t wait to get there and start living in the sunshine with my new boyfriend and his wonderful son.

7 Likes

Bali, man…something about the jungle. :wink: :laughing:

3 Likes

I just LOVE hearing stories like this! So happy for you both :sparkling_heart:

3 Likes

This is so sweet @Purpleshel I wish you two the best of luck on your new adventure!

1 Like

I thought for sure we were being set up for a “fell in love with the dog” story :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Lol. Well that always happens. That is nothing unusual there. Not for me anyways. Xoxo

1 Like

@Lakeoedo I thought the same thing…either scenario would be great though!

2 Likes

What an amazing story! It sounds magical! I’m so happy for you; please keep us posted and wishing you guys all the best!!! :smile:

2 Likes

Tysm. Yes definitely will do!!!

1 Like

Hi @vszymanski. Welcome to our community. Thanks for joining the conversation. Please keep us posted on your pet sit / travel adventures too.

3 Likes

@Purpleshel congratulations! I’m so happy for you both.

2 Likes