Suggestion for the IT department - PLEASE

Every listing on the platform is manually approved by us to make sure no sensitive information has been added.

hi @Carla1
when a listing is edited or updated, perhaps THS could get an automatic notif (I am not an IT expert but I’m sure it could be done). I’m suggesting this because when a listing is edited or updated (after being manually checked for approval by THS staff) the HO might have added the type of sensitive information that THS wishes to avoid. Or the listing might no longer be as complete as it ought to be.

If THS is short of staff to do all the manual checking, I am sure that there are current members would agree to do the task for payment in kind rather than an actual wage, for example free months on continuing THS membership. I would certainly be open for discussion about this.

1 Like

@Carla
I wish the requirement for photos was more detailed. “at least 5 photos of the interior of the home including all living spaces the sitter will have access to” - sometimes the “interior photos” are an end table with a lamp or a picture frame.
It seems to me it would not be difficult for the IT department to have a box that is REQUIRED to be checked EVERY TIME a HO adds dates to their listing that simply asks “I verify that I have added all the required photos of my home including all the living spaces the sitters will have access to” They cannot post until they check this box.
My husband is in IT and says that would be a very simple feature.

1 Like

@Cleeflang Thank you for your comment as it is a good example of what the process is right now and why it is that way. We have an ever-growing community with lots of new inventory being added to the site and lots of re-listing of dates, we would love to recheck them all but it is just not possible at the moment.

@cat.tails This is something I will pass back to the Membership Services team who are in charge of approvals. Maybe they will look at different ways of addressing this in the future and you have offered some good ideas!

@carpediem16 I shared your last thread about adding more photos with the wider team, but this is a great recap, I will share the additional information about the tick boxes with them. Thank you for all of your suggestions, many very insightful ideas :smiley:

I’d like to be able to combine areas in my saved searches, eg ‘London and Scotland and Cumbria’, so I don’t have to check 3 separate saved searches.