The adorable Meramma Dogs

A LOVELY STORY :dog::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Man’s best friend - the adorable white Maremma sheepdogs - have now become the best Protector.
On a tiny island near the Victorian coastal town of Warrnambool, Little Penguins, the smallest of the penguin species, that flock to the Island have been almost wiped out by foxes that have learned to swim from the mainland to the Island.
These Beautiful white Maremma Sheepdogs (livestock guardian dogs) are now protecting the Little Penguins and not only are the birds thriving and breeding, predation losses from foxes — their chief killers — have ceased
The Story of these Maremma dogs

5 Likes

Wonderful :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: and I know these dogs so well; they are the dog of choice as sheepdogs in our area of the Sabine Hills (we aren’t too far south of their “ancestral home” in Abruzzo & Toscana). There are many near our village & we see them every day. Gentle giants, so protective, laid back and reliable :two_hearts:

2 Likes

How wonderful. Aren’t they adorable. I watched a documentary on them and researched them more. I so need to cuddle a Maremma :dog::smiling_face_with_three_hearts: yet another doggo breed to add to my list of favourites, which is of course every breed :blush:

1 Like

:scream: there are dog breeds NOT on a list of favourites?
Yes, I’d love to cuddle one but they are doing a job & I’m not sure how they might react if I went in for a hug while they’re on duty.
And the puppies…don’t get me started on the adorableness :dog: :thinking: Adorability?

1 Like

5 Likes