THS Rogues gallery!

I just noticed that when I go onto the App, my photo appears amongst the rogues gallery.

Is this cleverly personalised for everyone when they log on or am I really a face of THS!!

Where’s (the) Wally?

3 Likes

@Colin , No it’s not personalised I see your face every time I log in too :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I assume you gave permission for this phototo be used ?

1 Like

@Colin it’s always been your face :rofl: I can’t believe you only just found out

@Silversitters , I only just noticed it! You’d have thought THS would have asked (and paid me handsomely :wink:)

1 Like

@Colin we thought you were stinking rich from all the royalties and have free membership for life??!! Is this not the case?

@Enjaybee I should’ve gone to specsavers!

Hi @Colin!

I just wanted to let you know that I’d seen your post.

This banner was created before I started with THS, and because Carla’s offline, I’ve had to ask elsewhere within THS for more context about member photos being used!

I’ll pop back and update when I have more information. Hope that’s ok.

Jenny

Yes @Colin you are always there. I am still in therapy!! :joy:
As you said you have a great face for radio xx

1 Like

@ I wish!

It’s a THS rollercoaster ride - getting telling off emails one minute, and being the face of the company the next!

I heard Naomi Campbell and Kate Moss were gutted to have missed out :joy:

If I find out the horse got paid I will be miffed!

We all gave permission just by signing up…

11.4. You hereby grant us an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, sub-licensable, royalty-free worldwide licence to use, copy, perform, publicly display, reproduce, adapt, modify, transmit, broadcast, prepare derivative works of, and/or distribute Member Content in connection with providing and/or promoting the Platform and the Services.

@meow , Oh Dear! I’m wishing now that I didn’t post the one of me showing my hairy backside on a wet & windy Wednesday on Blackpool Beach!

2 Likes

But that’s the one driving all the new traffic to the site!

1 Like

You’re always there!! :raised_hands:t3:

Just to clarify, If I owe you money, it’s not me, there just happens to be two, three-chinned, pot-bellied, well-weathered blokes wandering around the streets of London wearing fashionably creased tee shirts.

1 Like

That is a bit of a questionable permission. Of course it depends on what jurisdiction this is, but those terms seem to be overly broad for content that does not even exist yet at the time.

Aside from legality, there is what is perceived to be correct behaviour. So notifying and asking permission would be proper. Some compensation (like free months) too.

And from a business point of view, it would also be the smart thing to do. The company does not want to be sued for copyright infringement (which is owned by the photographer!), lacking model permission, etc.

3 Likes

@Colin won’t mind I’m sure but he could have been offered a lifetime membership

1 Like

I’m sure deep within something in the terms of services we checked off, they said we’d allow any photos published on the app to be used in any way they want. I often feel this way about my photos of my home.

Sadly, your head is cut off when looking at the Forum page on the computer @Colin so perhaps that’s why you didn’t realise you were starring!! I’d definitely ask for that to be fixed!

2 Likes

@temba
It’s probably for the best, I’ve been told many times that I look better from the neck down!

Hello everyone!

I checked with the team about this, and they’ve confirmed what @meow already posted, which is that permission is given during sign-up when you agree to the T&C.

If you need any more information about this or have any more questions, drop Membership Services a line, as they will be able to help. :slight_smile:

Jenny