Turning down a sit because of the listing

I think you may have dodged the bullet. Trust your instincts. No reviews is a BIG red flag as are a lack of interior pictures. It’s an unwritten thing amongst the sitters, if you can’t say something nice say nothing. Sounds like you did the right thing.

2 Likes

Some people are just a bit clueless. Your response - Could you please post more photos of your home - inside and out? And tell me more details?

Photos don’t guarantee anything. I had a sit - lovely waterfront apartment in upscale complex - pictures looked great. I walked into a full kitchen trash can, full dishwasher and dishes in the sink, a load of clothes still in the washing machine - and a faint aroma of pet urine in the living area. I cleaned, and found some Fe breeze and air freshener in a closet. When I wen to bed it was obvious the sheets on the guest bed were not clean, so I stayed up and laundered those. I didn’t leave a review (which I regret), but months later the next sitter left a glowing review, but just raving about the pets and the apartment complex…I wonder what her experience was with cleanliness and odors?
I truly wish we could PM other sitters and ask about those sits they didn’t review. I’m not sure why THS doesn’t give this ability - obviously with members being able to,choose not to accept PMs.

5 Likes

Trust your gut. If you have a weird feeling, listen to yourself and follow it.

3 Likes

@Auscal I agree that photos don’t guarantee anything - some appear to have been taken when home was newly built and before the HO had moved in and lived there !

But photos can be helpful in determining whether it’s a good fit -I am always surprised to see listing photos that show the rubbish on the floor , piles of “stuff” on dinning table, sofa & kitchen surfaces and an unmade bed . These are red flags for me . If HO doesn’t see the need to tidy up a room for a listing photo, I think it’s unlikely that they will be the kind of person to clean and tidy for a sitter’s arrival .

2 Likes