Unread and declined applications for sits

See my reply below too

This is my reply to @Trudzie in the thread “Unread and Declined Applications for Sits”

It’s taken me a while to see this post of course AND the Rule of Five has made some of this obsolete. I know my comment will be moved to the Thread of Doom & that’s OK because I just wanted to say that this HO side of the story by @Trudzie has really opened my eyes to the problem from the other perspective.
Not that it isn’t rather a challenge to see both sides of a problem yet have no good solution to offer.
Could finite “Applications” be changed to short “expressions of interest” with a greater cap?
Could all sits remain open to expressions of interest while global time differences are taken into account? i.e. all sits are live for a mandatory 24-36-48 hours?
I’m feeling a bit like Paul heading for Damascus :frowning_woman:t3:

Hi @Saltrams and we’ll leave your post and good observation here.

TrustedHousesitters has a product that changes over time, and so it is easy for posts such as this (as you say) to become obsolete in light of more recent amendments and changes to the software. This is why we close off some of the older ones if bought up again. This thread dates back originally to 2020 and has had no activity since 2021 almost a year ago. You’ll find similar more recent topics often that include better, more relevant info. This is one such thread we should really have closed, so I will do that now so that there’s no confusion for anyone who might not spot the date and get confused by some of the responses.

But as you also say this does highlight the problem owner members had when receiving many applications in a short space and provides a good alternative perspective. As Trudzie explains, she was pausing her own applications to try and make her applications easier to manage.

Leading on from that, the question you then raise of how long a sit should remain open was discussed extensively on the “other” thread, and Ben has addressed this in his update.

No Damascus today for you!! :laughing:

Closed as a thread from 2020/2021 with outdated software responses (and examples)