Video calling people

@Seasidey welcome to the forum. I agree with @Els. I have done many sits for THS and can’t remember ever agreeing to a sit without first doing a video call. It’s a time to ask questions, but also get a general sense of whether it’s a good fit for everyone. My only exception to that is when I’m doing return sits, for someone I’ve sat for before.

I think many homeowners do a video call with their first choice only. If that’s not the case, it’s courtesy to say that. I have been told, for example, that they have another call with someone tomorrow and will decide after that. That open communication, with a timeline, is appreciated. Otherwise, I think most sitters would think they are currently the first choice.

Don’t feel pressured to give an answer to the sitter during that call. It’s OK to allow everyone some time to go and think about things, especially if a couple first wants to discuss it and make sure they agree. Again, just be courteous and give a timeframe of when you - either sitter or homowner - will make a definite decision.

Communication and consideration are key in the selection process.

9 Likes