Waiting to hear about my application to sit.

Hi. My name is Avis. I am a new sitter, excited about being a new member and enthusiasticly hoping to start sitting. I have applied for a sit. It is 4-5 months away. It’s been a couple of days since I applied, and I am the only application so far. Is it unusual that the home owner had’t responded to my application?

2 Likes

@Avis hello and welcome to the forum. You are going to find some great folks here who are willing to help answer any questions or concerns you may have along your sitter journey.

As far as getting any feedback from an application, there can be many reasons why you have not heard back from them yet. They may be new to the site and not realize they have any messages yet (maybe they don’t log on every day). They could also have gone away for a few days not really realizing they were going to have responses so quickly for a sit that far out. Or just had something come up that has them away from their computers. Just hang in there and hopefully you will hear from them soon. If you do have other opportunities though, please don’t wait too long and miss out on the possibility of another amazing sit. You are not obligated to anyone until you accept a sit.

I did notice you have not linked your member profile to your forum profile yet. By doing so, you give our members the opportunity to give you valuable feedback and/or DM you with info/questions they may have about you and your availability. To do so, just click on How to add a listing or profile link to your FORUM profile - Owner & Sitter Exchange - TrustedHousesitters Community Forum and follow the easy instructions.

Again, welcome!