Ways of recording dog walk routes

Can anyone recommend a way of sharing local dog walks we use for our sitter?

2 Likes

You can take the sitter on these walks with the dog (s) when they arrive. You can include all of this in your welcome guide or in the house instructions that you leave for them. You could also make a video of the walks or print out a map and trace the route with a highlighter.

4 Likes

You can also use an app like Komoot to create your own walking routes and share them with your sitter. You can preplan routes on it, or just hit record once you start walking and save the route to share later.

2 Likes

Thanks Lindsay, that is what I was looking for.

There seem to be loads of apps like that and I wondered which one was easiest to use to record the walks and also easy for the sitter to use to follow the same walk.

2 Likes

Strava is one of the most popular. MapMyRun is also good.

3 Likes

Old fashioned map also works. Our present sitter has a local map on his kitchen wall and showed us all the sweet places to walk the dog.

1 Like

@Lindsay we use Kamoot, it’s such a great app. We even found some routes on one of our sits right near the homeowner which they didn’t even realise was there!

2 Likes

Yes, I’ve used Strava a lot for recording dog routes

3 Likes

Thanks, komoot looks like just what I want

We use the Wikiloc.

Who knew there were that many Apps for recording dog walk routes, unfortunately the dogs can’t do their own recording, yet :dog: :wink:

Check out Relive, it’s an app that creates a short video of your walk. It can track your walk or you can import from another tracking app. You can add pics to it, so if you snap a picture of the dog while walking it will add it to the video.

2 Likes

I use Strava.nThen you can do a screen capture of the walk map, timings and distance and sent to.your owner.

On two sits, the owners asked to connect to my Strava account. They were both a lovely family, so happily obliged.

1 Like

I use relive for my cycling. Great app. The only thing is you still need another tracking app where it pulls the route from.

Just read Strava no longer allows them access tom your activities.

You can keep using Relive the same way as before by connecting one of our other partners: Garmin Connect, Wahoo, Polar Flow, Suunto, Apple Health, Under Armour (including: MapMyRun, MapMyWalk, MapMyRide, MapMyHike, etc.) or Ride with GPS.

1 Like