We are new to THS help please!

Hi everyone, we are new to thins… we have had interest in house dog sitting, but how do we view there reviews?

3 Likes

Hi @culshaw and welcome :slight_smile: When you open the sitters message in your inbox, in the banner near their name you should be able to click where it says ‘view profile’. This will take you to the sitters page and you can view their reviews and references there.

Good luck, and don’t be afraid to ask any more questions :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@culshaw and welcome to the forum where you will find so much assistance from existing members who are ready to help answer any of your questions or concerns.

I know you are asking about how to read reviews, but I can’t see that you are a member of TrustedHousesitters yet. You will not be able to see any info until then.

If you need help joining, please reach out to anyone here who can assist you.

1 Like

Hi @culshaw welcome to the site and the forum.

Hi @culshaw - Welcome to the group. The system can be a bit overwhelming when you are new but don’t worry, we have all been there! - You will find it will all fall into place quite quickly.

In the meantime, this group is brim full of many experienced sitters and home hosts that are more than welcome to answer any questions you may have.

1 Like

Hello @culshaw and welcome to the Community Forum :wave:t2::slightly_smiling_face:
As others have mentioned, if you have any further questions please feel free to reach out and ask! :blush:

1 Like

we are premium members.

Hi there, I am considering joining to find a trusted sitter for our black Lab Gracie. we live in sunny Reading and often need weekend sitters but also holiday cover for longer periods.
Gracie is 2 and a half and is very loving and cuddly but is also nervous of new people in the house, once she has got to know them she is fine. Is there anyone with the same issues out there that has been successful in finding a suitable sitter?

@Adibelton hello and welcome to the forum. Here you will find great help from our seasoned members, both sitters and pet parents alike. I too had a nervous dog when first meeting new people but warmed up pretty quickly…especially with some of the greatest sitters around!

I believe you will find joining TrustedHousesitters will be great for both you and your special furbaby. As I said above, I have had some of the best caregivers over the years and not only was our little girl happy, but we always felt she was in the best of hands. We also made some forever friends along the way.

We certainly hope you decide to join, but once again, thanks for joining the forum….it’s a great start to becoming a member of our family of pet lovers!

Have a wonderful day!

Hello @Adibelton and welcome to the Community Forum :wave:t2::slightly_smiling_face:
We actually sat for a very nervous dog and he soon warmed to us and I am sure there are many other sitters on here who have also dealt with the same issue. I am sure everything will be fine with Gracie.
As @Debbie-L said, we hope that you do decide to join and this is a great first step to becoming a member :blush:

Welcome to the forum @Adibelton. Gracie sounds a gorgeous Lab and I’m sure would settle with caring and loving sitters. What I would suggest is you invite your sitter/s to arrive the day before so that Gracie has time to adjust to them in your home in your presence, just like when you have friends or family stay. She will then know that they are friends too. If Gracie is like any other Labrador, the way to her friendship is through food so sitters could come prepared with a few treats in their pocket! I don’t think you will have any worries getting a wonderful sitter for Gracie.

2 Likes

many thanks for your kind words, we will be joining soon!

@Adibelton when a dog is nervous of new people in the home, it often helps to introduce them outside the home, maybe on a walk. We went to meet a homeowner not too far away from us and their rescue dog barked continuously when we were in the house. I suggested that we should take him for a walk. The barking stopped and he was soon happily running around with my children holding his lead!

2 Likes

Thanks Debbie, good advise👍

1 Like