We’ve been lucky!

We have just joined and much to our surprise and delight we were lucky and got the first sitting we applied for. It’s not very far away from us and we offered to go meet the home owner and their pets .
Do we have to do anything now to say that we’ve accepted the sitting ? Or does the HO do that their end?
We thought it wise to take a few close to home and gain some reviews before we venture further afield. In particular we’d love to sit in Ireland as that is where I’m originally from.
However , a bit uncertain about applying for any in the winter months as don’t fancy the Irish Sea in bad weather too much !
What has surprised me is how late HO post on here for sittings . Sometimes very close to the dates they need them.
Is this usual or just a Christmas thing?

5 Likes

Well done @Bookworm.
Yes i think its brilliant to do sits closer to home to get started & it just shows with the 1st one youve applued for.
The HO now needs to press the chosen you button & you should then get an alert through to accept the sit. The sit will then come up in your dashboard.
It may be that the HO is wsiting to meet you before they do this.

They have since confirmed the sitting . Can’t believe how lucky we were !

5 Likes

@Bookworm This is such wonderful news, and well done on your first sit.
A big welcome to our community. You will find such great advise and wisdom here on the forum, so enjoy all the interactions.

I would also like to suggest that you add your profile link to your forum profile here, so other members will be able to “meet” you properly and will see what owners see when you apply for sits

If you go to your Dashboard on the TrustedHousesitters site, scroll to your green profile box, preview and that link copy and paste to your forum profile here.

https://forum.trustedhousesitters.com/t/how-to-add-a-listing-or-profile-link-to-your-forum-profile

Wishing you so much success going forward and enjoy every moment looking after those special furry pets.
Best wishes
Therese and the Forum team.

1 Like

Well done Bookworm! We also considered ourselves very lucky when we joined THS seven years ago that we were chosen for the very first sit we applied on! We did many more local house sits after that to gain experience. I’m also from Ireland and the very first international sit we applied on was in Dublin and was lucky to get that too and have since done a repeat sit for the homeowners there. Good luck on getting your first international sit as well.

3 Likes

Well done and you’re off!

3 Likes

well done :))
with love,
Ester

1 Like