Website won't let me change the sit dates or send a private invite with the sit dates I want

Hello I tried to update the House Sit dates on my listing from 9/3 to 9/8 but the website tells me:
“An error occurred, your changes were not saved. Please try again.”

Also, I actually already found a house sitter and I’m trying to send her a private invite but it’s not working either. Can I get some help or guidance?

Hello @stewartlikeshousesitting and good to see you in the forum again. I’m going to tag @Therese here to help you but I think the answer will be useful for other members. I believe (although not 100% sure) that it’s because the day is so imminent. But I know Therese will set us straight.

1 Like

Hi @stewartlikeshousesitting
The reason this sometimes happens is if there were recorded dates previously and there may have been an overlap, the dates will not be accepted.
I have activated this, so please do contact the sitter so you can confirm the sit with them.
Hope this helps and please let me know if you need any further help.

2 Likes

Thank you! I did see I couldn’t repost the same day as a start date. But I was able to start it for the next day originally. Now I can’t put the start date for any day until September 12th (the day after the end of my original sit dates) so it seems there is some hidden calendar blocking everything.

@stewartlikeshousesitting I have removed all the Sept dates registered, so you should be able to go to the inbox … and private invite now for the dates you want.

3 Likes

Amazing thank you!

1 Like

Hi @Therese, I’m having a similar problem. Pet parent has changed the dates to end two days earlier than planned (11/26 instead of 11/28). Now I am unable to book a sit during that time. We are both having trouble understanding how to contact member services to make the change. I used the chat function and it did not understand what I was asking for. Please help! I don’t want to miss out on this other set. Thank you!

1 Like

Hi @adicampbell
Please email support@trustedhousesitters.com and give them the detail. They should respond quickly. If you use the chat function, you can always request to speak to a human.

1 Like

@adicampbell

I had this a similar situation this week ( I am a sitter ) HO mixed up return date - so i contacted live chat :speech_balloon: then requested to speak to a human - I was connected to a real person and they were able to change the dates in a couple of minutes - the information about the date change was in my THS inbox conversation with the HO and I also sent a screenshot .

Let us know how you get on .

2 Likes

Thanks so much, @Therese and @Silversitters! Tanisha with THS took care of it promptly last night!

2 Likes