What are you grateful for today?

Hello everyone!

Those of you who have seen the movie ‘Ferris Bueller’s Day Off’ might recognise this quote:

'Life moves pretty fast… if you don’t stop and look around once in a while you could miss it…’

As we settle comfortably into 2024, I find it useful to take a moment to stop and think about the things that we’re grateful for. It’s so easy to get caught up in life and forget about the :sparkles: glimmers :sparkles: that bring us joy. I invite you all to share: What are you grateful for today?

For me, it’s the simple things. I am grateful to have spent Saturday with good friends, visiting a local bookshop, and then having a wonderful meal at the local Italian restaurant. It was heartwarming to be amongst good people and eat good food. The photo I’ve shared with this post is the delicious cannoli that I had for dessert!

I’m also grateful for the challenges I face, as they are reminders of my resilience and capacity for growth.

I was inspired by @wonderexplorers to start this discussion, and I hope that this discussion in turn might inspire others to take a moment to reflect on what they feel grateful for, no matter how small!

So, what are you grateful for today? I look forward to hearing your reflections and sharing in the joy of gratitude together.

Take care,

Jenny :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

8 Likes

I’m grateful for your positive post, Jenny!
Also for the opportunity to hang out with a big handsome dog today in a lovely spot by the Atlantic.

7 Likes

Grateful for the life I get to live.

8 Likes

OMG! Cannoli! :heart::heart::heart:

5 Likes

Well this will sound sad. Because it is. But this week I am grateful for the lives of two loved ones who have left us. They both made those around them better.

6 Likes

Every day you wake up is a great day.

9 Likes

I’m grateful as to have good opportunities surround me.

6 Likes

Grateful for terrific relationships in general. And just now, I had an amazing business opportunity surface, thanks to a former coworker turned ally.

And coincidentally, I’ll soon be doing a THS sit in a city where I can conveniently meet the founder of that startup.

7 Likes

Grateful for being able to get away from the worst months of a Canadian winter to enjoy sun and warmth in Central America but mostly grateful for our wonderful THS sitters that allow us to do it with peace of mind. :heart:

6 Likes

I’m grateful for this platform and my upcoming “first” sit with THS. I’ve learned some great info to take with me into my sit from the platform and other’s experiences. Looking forward to getting to love on some furry friends :blush:

10 Likes

I’m grateful that my words are meaningful for others. I’m grateful people started sharing theirs too.

4 Likes

I am grateful I am still here, alive, breathing.
I am grateful that I am still able to do or not to do.
I enjoy the sun, the rain. The ocean and the mountains.
Sunrises and sunsets.
I like seeing and grateful that I can see new things and old things, taste and feel many things.
I am grateful for the pain and suffering, the hunger, poverty I have thus far experienced and witnessed for the contrast that has caused me to appreciate when the goodness and generous are present.
IAM grateful for so many things that I can choose to enjoy when ever the time I still have here is available.

I am grateful for the reminders and opportunities to share and be a part of this wonderful place.

8 Likes

I have so much to be grateful for today, but especially for my coming birthday and my good health.

6 Likes

Grateful for my decision to only post in positive threads here for the time being.
Grateful for the gorgeous dog next to me.
Grateful for my job which allows me to travel.
Grateful for the loving and drama free presence of animals in my life.
Grateful for my health.
Grateful for my education and the languages I have had the opportunity to learn.

4 Likes

I’m grateful today for everyone who has taken part in this wave of gratitude so far, and I hope we can keep it running long-term, it’s inspiring to read everyone’s words and find ways to learn from them!

5 Likes

I’m grateful that I live in a comfortable home and wake up and there’s clean water coming out of my taps, there’s plenty of food in the fridge and we’re nice and warm. I try to not take such for granted, because many people all over the world can’t.

4 Likes

This is a wonderful topic @Jenny and I am grateful and pleased so many now participating and initiating some really good things on the forum.

4 Likes

The Forum team really want to encourage and nurture good vibes on the Forum, as we know it can get a bit gritty at times when there are challenges to be dealt with.

I’m glad to have helped to address the balance of things with this discussion!

2 Likes

Really nice topic just started by @Voyager I am sure you will see in a minute.
I try to remember that the weather changes. No sunrise or sunset is ever the same, in the same place. When we have clouds and rain, oh well…
It will be sunny again soon.
We have our own personal weather and the best part is, we can control this one!

5 Likes

I just found it @Amparo so I’ll extend my gratitude to @Voyager for their lovely thread! It made me a bit emotional if I’m honest, I’m always so moved by kindness! I’ll let everyone get the discussion rolling and pop on with my own comment later.

Your words made me think of a song from the film ‘The Crow’ - “it can’t rain all the time” :heart:

6 Likes