What are you grateful for today?

I’m not sure if he made it or bought it - but either way it’s so cute! He’s hoping we see babies in the spring. I’ll be sure to update everyone. I was thinking about starting a post to document the wildlife videos that Dad shares, there’s also a family of squirrels and birds like robins, blackbirds and a woodpecker that come to visit and get some food.

4 Likes

@Jenny That’s so lovely. I’d be happy to see his stories about wildlife families he’s involved with.

1 Like

@Maggie8K that’s hysterical. I thought for sure that the microwave was going to be pulled off the counter. I am not a cat person due to allergies but they are some sneaky critters.

Right? That little bugger was strong!

Sitting cats has helped me realize how distinctive they are personality wise. The last pair were the trickiest, most entertaining.

Early in my sit, they knocked over a plastic container of kibble and feasted on a bunch, and I’m not even sure how they got into the laundry room to do that. I was sure I’d popped the lock into place, because it was a 100-year-old home with tricky doors. Their humans weren’t at all fazed when I told them, because they’d apparently stolen food many times before. I ended up stowing away the cat food so there was no way for them to break in. That night, they boycotted sleeping with me, LOL, unlike all the other nights, when they shared my bed.

1 Like

Thanks for the greetings, @andrealovesanimals! I had a lovely meal with family and my partner treated me to a relaxing massage on my birthday.

4 Likes

I am grateful for my family and friends!

4 Likes

Today I am grateful for the sun shining through my window, making everything beautiful and bright!

6 Likes

Unfortunately, no sun shining today in my part of the world, but I’m grateful for my home office, where I’ve managed to set up lighting that’s cozy. That makes a big difference on overcast days.

It’s also got a comfortable couch by the fireplace, where my dog and I snuggle. He’s a rescue who doesn’t sleep easily during the daytime, but I managed to find a couch with the perfect fit for the space and he likes to fall sleep next to the fireplace, all cozy. It makes me super happy to see him snug and relaxed.

4 Likes

Grateful that my husband and I don’t have to work at an office, commute or work outdoors as snow falls and blows sideways.

2 Likes

@Jenny I haven’t shared a gratitude on your wonderful post so far, but today I have a lot to be grateful for as my mum just finished her last round of chemotherapy. I am also grateful for reading these posts as they are a daily uplift! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

@Maggie8K are you in NH with that photo?

So excited for Valentine’s Day tomorrow! Unlike previous years, it’ll be filled with laughter, shared experiences, and lots of love as I celebrate with my amazing husband – our first Valentine’s Day as a married couple!

4 Likes

I’m glad you’ve made it over here @Carla - and what a wonderful bit of news. I’m grateful for that too.

I might be single this Valentine’s day, but I’m grateful to have this time alone to grow as a person and keep creating a lovely life, knowing that hopefully one day there will be someone to share it with!

Happy Valentine’s day to all our Gratitude thread participants!

4 Likes

No, though it looks like it could be. We’re on the East Coast, too.

Grateful that this guy came through dental surgery with flying colors!

Grateful that the other guy who didn’t recognize him when he got home 8 hours later because he smelled weird, is finaly over it and peace reigns!
Grateful that I use THS both as a sitter and a host, so even though dental surgury seriously bit into our travel budget, we could still afford to at least go on a sit around the next birthday.

9 Likes

Grateful for a cozy and relaxing Valentine’s Day afternoon tea at home.

Also, my husband knows I love “The Godfather.” This Monopoly set he got me is hilarious — every part of the game has been adapted. That includes a horse’s head among the token pieces.

6 Likes

Waking to a breathtaking morning.

5 Likes

Wow. Looks beautiful @Maggie8K :snowflake::heart:

2 Likes

I’m so envious @Maggie8K - we’ve not had any real snow this winter - feel free to send some our way!

2 Likes

Grateful to be alive, physically healthy,able to travel to places I want to visit, able to navigate issues along the way

5 Likes