What attracts you to the pics in a listing?

@anon39388349 what a great way to introduce your cats and home to potential sitters. I’d say you provided exactly what most folks are seeking in a complete HO profile. We lived in Germany from 78-81 and enjoyed traveling around the country, during our free time. While we never made it to Dieburg, it looks like a lovely area!

1 Like

Thank you very much :kissing_heart:
When times get better you should come to Germany again. And Dieburg is a cute little town to visit when you’re in the Rhein-Main Area.

1 Like

We will be back, for sure. We were stationed in Nuremberg, and took many road trips during our 3 years in the country. I was 18 when we arrived, and it began a life-long love affair with all European countries. We often visited Wiesbaden and I was in Frankfurt in 2017, so not really too far from your area. We are back in Europe beginning in the spring, for a 4 month extended visit. Couldn’t be more excited about our next adventures!!!

1 Like

It was already perfect before and it makes you want to come to Dieburg taking care of your 2 cats

1 Like

Thank you so much :blush:
If Germany lifts the travel restrictions for South Africa there will be new dates from 10-22.3. next year and some more in Jul/Aug. We don’t give up wanting to travel there. So keep a lookout for our listing. You’re more than welcome to look after our two cuties :two_hearts:

1 Like

The house looks fabulous, but personally I’d rather have the cats first, and yes, it is a lovely picture of the two of you, but in many ways I’m not bothered. If that was the first picture I would probably have scrolled past.
I’ll be keeping an eye out for your next listings though.

1 Like

Your house and photos are amazing! I am a sucker for black cats, so the first photo gets my attention. The 6th and 13th photos, would also get me to click on the listing if they were first, since I love modern houses with lots of light. Other sitters are avid cooks, so your incredibly well-stocked kitchen would appeal.

1 Like

Thank you so much :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Oh yes! Herr Lehmann really is a looker! I also adore black cats🖤
Actually only the upper floor and the staircase throughout the house are the ones which are really flooded with light. In the other rooms there are the small windows, which don’t let in that much light, especially in the kitchen. For the pictures we turned on every single light bulb there is in the house :rofl:…But it’s not dark and gloomy.

1 Like

Can I assume that I’m not the only that sit for hours watching crazy cat/dog vids on YouTube? I love big dogs, clumsier the better and the cats, the more unpredictable the better :joy:

1 Like

You’re most definitely not the only one. Of course, I would never watch crazy cat and dog videos on youtube but I’m sure there are many who do… :rofl: :rofl:

What an important topic! For us, other than the picture of the pets, is the bedroom and bathroom we’ll be using. If we don’t like those accommodations we don’t accept the sit. The kitchen is really important as well. Then a picture of each room in the house and the view of the home from the street and the view(s) from the home to the neighborhood.
Most of our sits have been 2+ weeks so where we “live” is important to our decision.
PS. Of course it’s vital the home be very clean and neat looking.

9 Likes

Hi Myhnabird. I am afraid for me it is location and a fantastic looking property with very scenic scenery. A cute pet picture will pull at the heart strings but if it is 600 miles away in a big town with limited or no off road parking etc. I would not want to make it work, as prefer open spaces. I do have a soft spot for Setters and Lurchers but so many others and I also like geese, ducks, chickens, sheep goats and horses etc. I am though put off if endless photos of pets and not any pictures of property you would be staying in. Like others I feel it is important to see bedroom and bathroom and all other rooms I would be using, especially if a stay of two weeks, as well as the garden and surrounds. It is always a combination of things that attract me, to a sit.

5 Likes

I’m actually glad to see photos of an untidy, cluttered room because it tells me this is most likely how they live and probably how I can expect to find the house when arriving. People who are naturally very neat and tidy wouldn’t post a photo of a messy home, so the photo tells me quite a bit about their standards.

3 Likes

I love your photo and would love to sit for them one day!

1 Like

Other than the pets, because I seek out more rural areas, I look for the outdoor spaces, places I could walk. The house is less important to me.

Hi Rachel, I saw that you like to sit for Corgis. I’m about to do a sit for a nice lady in Dallas who has an adorable Corgi - and a cat. She also needs someone to do a sit later in May (for a week). Would you be interested or is that too far to travel?

For me it’s so completely random. Sometimes its the pet, the house, the scenery, the title, or just the dates. All really depend on how my ADHD decides it wants to go that day. I do like the pets to be close the front of the picture group though. As much as I love seeing tons of pics of the house(and trust me I love see them), It kinda makes me sad to then see one last lonely pics of the pet. I like seeing pics of people loving on their Animal children, as it makes me feel related to them. As I promise, I will be loving all over them if they dont mind it. :heart:

By the way, I finally found and purchase the most perfect sweater, that decribes me to a T. :rofl:

3 Likes

I do love corgis! I’m traveling to FL for a vacation in May and am not available that month but thanks for thinking of me!

1 Like

I cringe when I see photos of a toilet with the lid up.

3 Likes

I totally agree, if there are no pics of the interior or messy unkept rooms, I pass on by.

2 Likes