What's the biggest dog you've Sat for?

Big dogs, Little dogs, dont we just we love them all ! Have you sat for a gentle giant??
This is Txuri, actually our first ever house/pet sit - she was a 9 year old Pyrenean mountain dog.
:paw_prints: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

est dog you’ve Sat fo

13 Likes

That’s some lap warmer!

2 Likes

:joy: :joy: she certainly was:paw_prints: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

She’s gorgeous! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Wow! Adorable. How much did she weigh?

2 Likes

Ahh we’ve been trying to find a Pyrenean mountain dog to look after! So gorgeous!

The biggest dog we sat for was a Great Dane called Duchess. She was such a soppy dog and thought she was a lap dog! It was quite funny, because the same sit was a Chihuahua who thought she was a big dog!

12 Likes

Dance partner?!! Strictly here you come (I’m assuming you know what I’m talking about!)

4 Likes

Not sure but a gentle furry
giant :grinning::paw_prints::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

My biggest dog wasn’t a sit, but my own Irish Wolfhound, Sam - 180 lbs. No pictures of him because we were together in the 1980s and I’ve not scanned in the film pics.
I do really like the giants.
My first TH sit was with Odin, a bull mastiff in Va Beach.

Next came Chester, a flat coat in Edinburgh - he would go under the back garden hedge to visit the newly rescued pair of greyhounds in the next house.

Grizzly (brown) and Callie (blonde) were a pair of big, old retrievers in NC. They shared the house with 3 other smaller dogs.

And Wrigley on Naples Island in Long Beach, CA. An ‘old soul’ of a yellow lab, but only 6 years old.

tom

6 Likes

Adorable pics thank you @toml

Aww they are all handsome doggos, thank you for sharing the pics, Wow an Irish Wolfhound! The biggest! We would love to Sit for one​:paw_prints::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

:joy: Definitely do! :joy:

1 Like

The biggest dog we sat for was a 12 year-old Great Dane named Tipsy. She was on heart medication and did not know Great Danes only live between 8 to 10 years! We loved this gentle giant who enjoyed trotting through her avocado grove and leaning against us! Her owners informed us she went to heaven last month. We miss her! She looked so majestic!

12 Likes

Bernese mountain dog called Boo. Wonderful dog

1 Like

Wow! Tipsy is gorgeous! and what a great photo! she is really selling her spot :laughing: :paw_prints: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: love it!

2 Likes

aww adorable giant doggo :paw_prints: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

moses_apollo_cindy_walk
Two Great Pyrenees - they were amazing!! Loved ever minute of 6 MONTHS. The owners went on an around the world cruise - lucky. But we were lucky too, beautiful home, swimming pool, great town (Asheville), and of course these two beauties - Apollo was 95 pounds and Moses was 125!

13 Likes

Hi @worldtraveler and Wow! what an amazing longer Sit. And Apollo and Moses look fabulously adorable :paw_prints::paw_prints::smiling_face_with_three_hearts: they really do look like gentle cuddly giants. Thank you for sharing, :purple_heart:

4 Likes

Amazing. Lucky you and thank you for sharing the beautiful picture.

4 Likes

Great Swiss Mountain Dog. 150 lbs. Brother to a bitty princess who weighed 10 lb!

4 Likes