When a potential sit has past sitters but no reviews

Please register on HelpLate.com prior to showing up on a new sit. Should you not respond at the time you set, your emergency contact is sent an alert.

3 Likes

Hi ,did you send a request for the review ,just a thought Glenda

When i first started house sitting i will admit i didnt fully understand the review/feedback thing and as im not very computer savvy, even less 8 years ago, i didnt leave reviews for my first couple of sits though they were great. One of my reviews came via email and that did not get transferred to my own reviews. So perhaps something similar could have happend to the HO.

I favourited a listing time ago but after reading this post I am going to cancel it from bucket list. It’s in the Caribbean, with no pets, the HS should take care of the huge property ( it’s a holiday resort) and stay there for sometimes. They had multiple HS looking after the villas but neither the owners nor the HS released a review. It’s a bit weird, in my opinion.

1 Like

Can you check if the owners have left a review?
Its probably really simple but ive never noticed how to.
Thanks

1 Like

@Gina

Click on the sitter’s name and look for the owner’s review within the sitter’s profile.
Sitter has to be active to do this.

I think now i know its just with the app. Ill consider installing it but i dont like to have everything on an app.
Thanks.

1 Like

I have filled in a few times last minute, when the selected sitter bailed out. Unfortunately, if someone has already selected someone else, then they are unable to leave you a review, which is very frustrating. Also, if the host does not officially select you on the sit, they will not be able to leave a review as well. Both situations have happened to me and it is really disheartening. Luckily, one woman, who I filled in for last minute, went way out of her way to leave me a review but it took a lot of extra work on her part. Most people will never put that much energy into it.

1 Like

Hi @SunshineAndAloha if a sit is arranged off site then no review/feedback can be given however if a sitter cancels for any reason and you replace the sitter, last minute helping the owner they can contact the Membership Services Team explaining the circumstances and they will manage so that the original sitter can be cancelled and the new sitter confirmed.

For this reason, I make allowances for sits without a review that took place many years ago. I don’t know how aware of the review system people were way back when. More recent blank reviews are more of a conundrum. Was this because of a bad experience? Did the sitter or HO just never get around to it? Did the sit never take place because it was canceled?

Again, when will the review system be fixed??

4 Likes

I completed a sit 3 months ago and all went well. I’ve had good communication with the owner during and after the sit. I sent a positive review and expected something similar back. However, after asking 3 times for a review the HO has not privided one, even though they said they would. I did a few cross referencing with other sitter on the HO profile and found that they had not supplied reviews for a number of sitters. Should THS be able to firstly give a warning to both a HO and Sitter if they regularly dont supply a review and/or be able to remove a review if a corresponding review is not forthcoming.

2 Likes

We’ve fortunately received a review for all sits we’ve completed. I make the request to the HO immediately following the sit and they’ve always complied. I don’t necessarily wait for the HO’s review to post my review of the sit.

@Creaturecomforts - You could send an email with a proposed review to the HO. Sometimes life gets in the way and this could be a solution.

After a similar experience, I always check a HO’s review record. If they have not left reviews in the past for their sitters or their reviews have been too brief, I don’t apply.

4 Likes

That is good to know for the future. Thank you

Interesting, I will look into this.

I was new to trust housesitters but I had a review from a friend who gave a very detailed reference.
I completed my first sit recently, with another to come in April and the next one in June. With my first sit, the homeowner really liked our profile and went with that over the reference and not having had feedback from a homeowner on the website.
With the second, I applied for having done my first sit but mentioned in the application that I would have this available before we met the pets.

Some of us have suggested that it would be helpful if sitters could opt in to allow other sitters to contact them by email. While this seems unlikely to ever happen, I had the good fortune to be able to connect with another sitter from THS. She is from my state and has left reviews on some of the same sits I have browsed. Recently she become a combined member and sent me an invitation to sit for her. Although I was unable to accept, we decided to stay in touch. As luck would have it, the chance arose. Because we had corresponded in the past, I was able to send her an email through THS with my phone number. She left a message on my voicemail the following day. I wanted to ask her about a sit she had done where she had left no review. I had considered applying for this sit but it appeared the homeowners had had six previous sits, but only three reviews. When I saw that she was one of the blank reviews, I called her to inquire about it. She told me she had gone to the home the week before the sit, it was lovely, as were the animals, but due to covid the sit canceled and the homeowners never removed her name and the blank review. If she had not told me this, I would have considered this a warning sign and avoided this home. In addition to hers, there was another blank review, which may have been blank for the same reason and a third blank review that was a second sit by a previous sitter. Someone should alert homeowners so they know that blank reviews can be a warning sign for future sitters. They are not helpful to the homeowner because they put off potential sitters. They should request that repeat sitters leave even an abbreviated review and remove any blank reviews that are there because the sit never happend. This is a valid reason to remove a review, but the onus falls on the homeowner to contact THS to have this blank review removed from their listing.

9 Likes

Thank you for this feedback @mars it’s extremely helpful and a very valid point our team are on the forum all of the time reviewing member’s posts and feedback and we follow this through also … THank you again.

3 Likes

I also have a few @Angela_L
I left feedback regardless with commentary that sit cxld due to the great Paws…
But still have a few “completed sits” with no reviews.
Who (if possible) do I mssg to have corrected?

Hi @Amparo please forward info to Membership Services … support@trustedhousesitters.com

1 Like