When leaving a sit, do you leave a gift etc.?

We tend to do short sits so don’t really think it is necessary to leave a gift, we also don’t expect anything from the homeowners. We always leave the place clean and wash bedding etc, and everyone we have sat for seems to be over the moon with that. If we don’t see the homeowners on their return we leave a card with a nice message.

A longer sit, maybe we would get them a small gift but even then we don’t think it should make or break the experience.

10 Likes

No we never leave anything apart from perhaps a cake or something to eat if the owners are late back.

2 Likes

A thank you card, a clean house and a homebaked treat for the furry friends.

image|669x499

16 Likes

Initially I started leaving a bottle of wine and a card but now I sometimes will make a dinner or cake for the homeowner. We have on occasion as well received a thank you card and wine or a gift the homeowner has bought on their holiday for us which is always appreciated.

4 Likes

We leave a gift.
Its nice to be nice

8 Likes

The main gift

is to ensure homeowners come back to happy, healthy pets and a home in the same or better condition than they left it.

And then they are always those extra little touches mentioned already. Homeowners seem to really like “art” inspired by their pets.

7 Likes

Love to make them Jenny.
I also do hand painted glasses given time

3 Likes

Great idea!
Pets’ paw prints (using natural mud :paw_prints: ) on canvas is a big hit also :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

I use tracing paper for the paw print.
Its easier to work round the glass or a vase.

3 Likes

I once left a bandana for each dog I was petsitting. I had bought them and as they were handmade, it was a bit expensive . But this sit was in paradise.

7 Likes

Another one that we do
Take a small piece of cling film out with you.
It will preserve the print till you return to the home.

2 Likes

We at least leave a card and small flower bouquet. Who doesn’t love walking into fresh flowers sitting on a nice clean counter? And for those with allergies, they are an easy thing to regift. We have yet to do any overseas trips, but when we do, I can see us bringing something little from home to leave behind. We did a sit right before Halloween and I carved pumpkins with a cat and dog for them.

8 Likes

Hi @Dawn welcome to our community Forum, we would love to have seen your pumpkin carving!
We hope you enjoy the conversations, connecting with other members and we cannot wait to get to know you better and share in your TrustedHousesitters journey.

Angela and the Team

:wave: Dawn to the family

2 Likes

Lots of great ideas, I always leave a written message on a card or postcard. I sometimes leave a small plant, maybe a herb, easy to pick up from local supermarket before journey home.

3 Likes

Hi @Devon welcome to our community forum, thank you for joining. We hope you enjoy the conversations, connecting with other members and perhaps learning more about TrustedHousesitters.

We can’t wait to get to know you better and share in your pet and housesitting journey.

Thank you again and happy #Caturday

Angela and the Team

Agree completely with your comment about it getting commercial. If there was anything to purchase in a TH gift shop I would recommend a TH collar tag (like a cats one) that the sitter could put a piece of paper with their name and number on in incase of emergencies.

I had my own tags engraved for this purpose - but it could be a great idea for branding. (and I’d be up for sourcing / designing this of course as that’s what I do!! LOL)

5 Likes

It’s been the opposite way round on this sit I’m currently on - I’ve had flowers delivered for ME from the home owners! So nice to be appreciated (and I have spoiled the cats rotten… today’s Amazon delivery was King Catnip and a USB charged flipping tailed plush fish!!)

8 Likes

I have left flowers and a card and I put that it is from the pets on all my sits
I always try to include a wee snipet of something in relation to the pet and that the owner(s) have been missed.

4 Likes

Wee snippet=a small amount

5 Likes