When to panic over no sitter

Hey everyone

Should i be starting to panic as i have a sit listed for just over a month away and still have no confirmed sitter. Ive previously had a few enquires, none came off with clases of dates but none recently. Lots have saved my listing but any that ive contacted arent available.
Ive never jad any issues getting sitters before but its now starting to stress me out as im worried il be left without anyone and i do not want to put my dogs in kennels, hence being part of THS.
Any advice greatly appreciated, thanks Michelle

3 Likes

@Chelle83 Welcome back to the Forum. Your listing shows that you have 2 applicants. If these are not suitable you should decline them and then make a small edit and republish your listing, so it gets pushed to the top and marked as new.

1 Like

I’d update your amenities section as it only shows that you have WiFi.

Also, you are close to Cambridge, Bury St Edmunds, Saffron Walden which are lovely towns, why not mention them a bit in your listing. Not sure if the university or racecourse does tours, that might tweak someone’s interest. Any museums worth a visit?

You have a lot of historical places close by, that might appeal to sitters.

What is your local train station and which line is it on? Is there an airport bus from Stansted/Luton to your town? I’d mention that you can get the train from London and how long that takes. Where is the bus stop from your house?

Local shops: walking distance, home deliveries, are cafes within walking distance?

How long can the dogs be left for?

Hope this helps find you the perfect sitter.

8 Likes

@Chelle83 with two bedrooms , would your sit suit a family?

If so you can mention that and tick the box to attract more applications.

1 Like

Thanks everyone, I have updated with lots of extra information, hopefully this will help x

4 Likes

Great listing @Chelle83

You mentioned you are vegan. Would you want none vegans? Maybe mention that.

Great point i hadnt thought to clarify tjat, i have now updated thankyou as yes some may read it like we dont want non vegan sitters x

1 Like

The last requirement is certainly going to limit your pool quite a bit. Finding a vegetarian sitter shouldn’t be too much of a problem, but if it has to be a vegan sitter, then I imagine the ‘pickings are pretty slim’ when not in a major city

1 Like

The advert says im happy for anyone not just vegan, it was purely to inform about our ligestyle but ive now removed thw whole part as i dont want to confuse people

1 Like

Ok, great. Then I understood that wrong. Success!

1 Like

No need to mention you’re vegan unless you’re requiring sitters to not eat or cook meat or dairy in your home, which some hosts do require. I mention this for other hosts who might find it useful to consider in their listings.

If that’s not the case, it’s irrelevant to sitters.

1 Like

Can the dogs stay alone long enough for the sitter to go into London? My guess is NO but mentioning London in the listing is then confusing

1 Like

London and Stansted are both mentioned in terms of travel links and access I think @SalomeL not for days out.

2 Likes

Ok. In the app it reads as one chunky paragraph, right after the attractions so if I was from abroad and not familiar with the area, I would find it confusing

1 Like

If you are like me and have pots/pans/utensils that are meat free, ie: not be have any animal products cooked in them etc, you might need to include that at handover or buy extra kitchen things for sitters.

1 Like

@Chelle83 aww, lovely dogs. You’re in my area. I fostered Romanian dog. She was very similar. Im a sitter by the way. I see you have an applicant so fingers crossed. One thing that may have put people off is that you specify someone who works from home as they are not used to being left. Its worthwhile stating how long they can be left as all sitters need to shop at some point. :blush:

1 Like