Which 4 Essential items

That you couldn’t be without on a sit.
Not including food or clothes

2 Likes

Not including Food/Clothing and anything necessary like passport etc… our top 4 are probably:

1. Camera - We love taking photos of the pets we look after
  2. Laptops - For editing photos, watching tv/films, looking up places to go and just other general browsing
  3. Nintendo Switch - Entertainment
  4. Some Board Games - Again, more entertainment

(Shameless plug - we actually wrote a blog post about some of the other essential tech we bring with us to all our housesits)

3 Likes

Mobile phone charger it is also used to charge ipad.
Favourite tea bags of coffee.
Hubby insists on a tourch.
Road map ,sometime sat navigation gets it wrong.

2 Likes

Travel bath plug - because I love a baths so much, but it’s also helpful for the current sit I’m on where the plug for the sink doesn’t fit properly
Laptop - for remote working and connecting with friends and family
Oversized “Namastay home with my cat” mug - because I like a big cuppa to start my day, not a dainty cup
Swedish reindeer fridge magnet - a little something that is mine wherever I am

3 Likes

Don’t have much space in our backpacks but I think laptop, chargers, ear plugs, and our bananagrams game do it for me.

1 Like
  1. Kindle

2. iPhone

3. Bose bluetooth speaker

4. A child’s fishing net to catch any bats which find their way into the house.

5. :innocent: As we generally drive to sits in Europe, our Jura bean-to-cup coffee machine with plenty of our own blend of beans - 50% Lavazza and 50% Costco Columbian. ESSENTIAL!

5 Likes

Thanks @Provence

I turned the lights out and managed to persuade the bat to go out of the back door. Somehow!

We live in England, Jura is a brand of coffee machines - though we’d be happy to go there also :grinning:

2 Likes

Hi @Ian-metz welcome to the Forum community, thank you for joining we can’t wait to get to know you better and to hear about your TrustedHousesitters journey.

Enjoy the conversations, sharing experiences and connecting with members from around the world …

Angela & The Team

1 Like

Haha

1. to know what type of coffee maker is available on sit
    2.Adaptor for phone/ipad
  2. Good walking shoes
  3. Good agreements with HO
    (and if in Japan, a small emergency earthquake help pack)
3 Likes

Like @Windtalker I like a torch. A large one, to find the dog(s) in the garden when it is dark. A small one that I put by my bed to find my way to the loo and back in the night. The amount of times that I have been lost in the dark, even if it is an ensuite.

4 Likes

Oooh, good question!

1. Good walking shoes
  2. Camera
  3. Headlamp
  4. Laptop (not that I necessarily WANT it but working remotely allows me to go on sits so it is a necessary evil!)
2 Likes

Electronic chargers - electronics won’t work if they aren’t charged
Mobile phone - good to communicate
Reading glasses - blind as a bat
Knitting - my new hobby

2 Likes

1 - White noise machine for a good nights sleep
2- Hop oil spray - for a good nights sleep
3 - Eye mask - for a good nights sleep
3 - Lavander oil - for a good nights sleep

I need my sleep!

7 Likes

I have to make sure the pets don’t sleep in the bedroom otherwise I would never sleep!

4 Likes

WOW Colin I need to try all of those!

Nothing too exciting.

1. iPhone with books, maps all loaded. It’s my camera, my audio recording device, my GPS/maps, storage for all my digital documents, my journal, and my “kindle”. Charger, cables, converter, ear buds etc all included of course. (We usually take my laptop and iPads as well but I could live without them if I had my phone only.)
  2. Chef’s knife (unless I’m doing carryon only) and bag of herbs and spices.
  3. My blue batik scarf that I got in Maui 20+ years ago and has been on every trip I’ve ever taken. It is very versatile and useful.
  4. I can’t think of a 4th item so I’ll say favourite walking sandals.
1 Like

Ooh reading glasses. Yes, that’s a given for me too.

And my passport!!

4 Likes

Need to spend an hour with you both.
I get up during the :crescent_moon: night to see if everyone is warm :upside_down_face: enough

2 Likes

Hahaha! What a great reply!

I discovered Jura coffee on a house sit this summer. My sister was with me and after two cups from the machine she ordered one…it’s that good (she is a complete and admitted cofee snob).

2 Likes

What a great question! I loved reading the replies and getting ideas. So far my four essentials are:

1. Eye mask and earplugs (sound sleep must haves)
  2. Laptop
  3. Cell phone
  4. Cash/credit card
2 Likes