Who's on a house sit now? How's it going?

Thank you for sharing @Provence, a happy ending for Cindy and her family … if only animals could talk.

My grandcat Mitten was missing for four months, we really didn’t think we would ever see her again. I had a dream about her one night and in the morning told my husband I dreamt she had been found “up a tree” … 2 hours later my daughter calls to say Mitten had been found in some woods about 2 miles from where she used to live in the south of England … she’s been home in Scotland ever since.

Never give up hope …

6 Likes

@Provence thats a story with a happy ending…its amazing how far cats (and dogs) will travel to find their way back home!

2 Likes

Purrfectly moosmerizing. Neigh can see that it is a clucky sit. Enjoy!

2 Likes

Thank you :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I have been on a house sit in Florida since June. One better than the other one. Still has 3 to go. Has not been better. Than Europe and Canada for Christmas. Very few days in between for sight seeing. I love it.
Grandma

4 Likes

@Grandma blimey! i thought that was a dog for a second (I know should have gone to specsavers!) BUT its some sort of spider monkey …wow are you looking after him/her? Thats a pretty special sit by the look of it! Enjoy!

2 Likes

This is Panam relaxing. The islands with monkey. He was so cute and they are very intelligent. He knew to choose between peanut and grape.
Have not had a monkey yet.

3 Likes

Just arrived after being picked up by HO, house and kitty introductions, a tasty healthy lunch and wonderful stimulating conversation with new friend.

It’s going to be a delightful 3 months!

7 Likes

Three months @Amparo we expect lots of updates … enjoy and happy kitty sitting :heart_eyes_cat: :heart_eyes_cat:

2 Likes

I am over the moon miss @Angela_L So grateful to THS!
That kitten is a fatty! 12lbs! A Hairball with legs!

1 Like

@Amparo lovely looking cats! That is going to be a nice sit!

2 Likes

First night alone with kitties and
We had some rapid behavioral reprogramming of one dominant feline who loves to walk all over the kitchen and dining surfaces with minimal distress.
She did some moaning and scratching on the carpet for a bit but now we are good.
Momma has mssg us to say that she has arrived to her apartment in Paris!
All is well.

4 Likes

Wonderful! Do you have any advice for a newbie to this site like me? I’m not new to housesitting and have done it locally by word of mouth, but it’s time to expand!

3 Likes

Hi Mary … I’m sure @ElsieDownie and other members have lots of advice, as someone who is not new to housesitting but new to TrustedHousesitters do you have any specific questions you’d like help with, like profile creation, applying for sits etc.?

1 Like

Welcome to your wonderful new life @NewMexicoMary!
I am full time since 2018 and happy to answer any specific questions I am able to answer.

2 Likes

Sitting for 3 weeks for my brother in Chapel Hill. A pair of delightful dogs.
Gizmo

Boudreaux

4 Likes

@Samox24 lovely…its like Old Macdonalds Farm!

1 Like

9 posts were split to a new topic: Questions on a sit

We are now in a town called Chippenham, near Bristol in the UK caring for 3 cats. These beautiful sisters are adorable…

The third is a big handsome cat but he has anger issues and is really anti-social - hissing and swiping if you try to get near. He only calms down when I am feeding him . We have 5 weeks to try to convince him that we are friends - wish us luck!

6 Likes