Question Of The Week: Where In The World Will You Go?

There is growing optimism* of life returning to normal one day, hopefully soon
(noun hopefulness and confidence about the future or the success of something)

Fast forward to 2021: Close your eyes and imagine freedom to travel safely nationally and internationally has returned, now tell everyone WHERE your Escape From Lockdown destination will be … and why! Sitters … sits Owners - trips and more.

Well, my 2021 needs are the simple pleasure of being able to take our postponed holiday in the south of France and I should love to be able to combine the journey there with a short pet sit somewhere in my favourite part of Europe. Any France-based owners needing sitters in early/mid June 2021? I do speak French.
I also look forward to the UK sits which have had to be postponed and to catching up with many of the lovely owners and pets we’ve met on our travels so far.
That’ll do me nicely, thank you.

2 Likes

Here’s my dreamed about escape! After eight months with my feet firmly placed on the ground here in Cove Scotland, without even one canine member of TrustedHousesitters to spoil, love and care for I will be winging my way west across the pond, quicker than you can say British Airways back to Washington State and Bainbridge Island … and then South to OR & CA to reconnect with owner friends, adorable pets, our Ambassadors and members … exactly where I was on March 17th when I left Seattle … extremely quickly.

Pet and housesitting lifestyle … welcome back, we’ve MISSED you!!!

05859dfc85f620366663451f2475d1eafc3b6b98_2_666x500|666x500

05859dfc85f620366663451f2475d1eafc3b6b98_2_666x500ed754664b4fcb9f22948551cee3eddacb59dda2e_2_666x500

4 Likes

The new normal will be quite interesting… I just hope to be able to plan again. Ideally, I’d like to visit family, friends and THS furries in the UK, Holland, Germany, Slovenia, Italy, Croatia and Portugal. We bought a car whilst being locked down in Spain and we can’t wait to start our new freedom of independent travelling around Europe. Yeeeehaaaaa :paw_prints: :partying_face:

2 Likes

Hi Carinne
For some reason my emailed reply didn’t work but just to summarise: many thanks for your response but our sit would need to be en route to, rather than in the same area as we are heading for. We like to make the journey part of the holiday and a pet sit would be a little bonus for me to indulge my love of animals.
Une autre fois, peut-etre? Sorry, no accents!
Sandra

2 Likes

I’m waiting for everything to be as near normal as possible and borders open. I have several possibilities, and not sure which to do first. I’ve got to go back to NZ and spend 6 months in the South Island (where I should be now) - housesitting and road tripping; go to Argentina, hopefully a sit or two in Buenos Aires and travel through Chile down to Patagonia; travel by train around Europe doing as many sits as possible in as many countries as possible; Housesit/travel in Canada and the US. I’ve been to Canada twice but only in the winter :cold_face: and have been to the US twice but so much more to see there! Not many plans then…:flushed:

3 Likes

Wow you are going to be so busy, amazing list of wonderful places to travel. Let’s hope the world starts to return to some sort of normal very soon so it will all start to happen.

2 Likes

I am just wondering …what will the new normal be ? Even with the vaccine, we are told we will need to keep some sanitary measures as no ones knows how long the vaccine will protect us. It’s immunity. Masks and social distancing to say.
So I imagine myself still accepting for a while, (a year or two? ) assignments in my onw country but visiting my daughter in USA. Then as the world heals more and more, I would like to petsit elsewhere. In Europe, I would love it. Europe has so much to offer.
At the end of this whole saga, we will have become a patient human crowd.

3 Likes