Any goals for your 2024 sits?

Are there any pets, breeds, locations or other priorities or goals you’re hoping to achieve with your sits next year?

I’m looking to maybe sit a rabbit or two. And maybe sit in Scotland again. And perhaps in Canada. (I’ve spent a lot of time in Vancouver, and have visited Toronto and Montreal multiple times over the years, but haven’t spent much time in other parts, except to sightsee briefly, like in Banff. If you have recommendations, please let me know.)

I plan to do fewer sits next year, so I can do more nonsit travel and spend more time at home. I love nesting, as well as travel.

6 Likes

@Maggie8K Hubby and I would love to look after a Belgian Malinois and we don’t mind where in the world it is! :dog::earth_africa::heart:

4 Likes

A costal house-sit in U.K. from where we can begin walking the SouthWest Costal path right from the property (it’s 630 miles long) .

Also a housesit on the river Thames so that we can walk a section of the Thames Path National Trail also directly from the property .

Both with a couple of dogs for company.

7 Likes

Today I started planning for the spring, by setting up a Saved search in the area around Harwich in Essex, the terminal of the ferry from Hook of Holland. I will wait with applying until a really attractive sit shows up.

After that I want to go petsit hopping through England by bicycle. I agree, extending my list of species could be a good idea. I might take on some easy farm animals, for a weekend or so to begin with.

3 Likes

Very cool. I had to look up what that breed is like.

Sounds like fun and you have good strategies!

I’ve never heard of those paths. Sounds ambitious and lovely.

If you ever want to check this out, the U.S. has this: Appalachian National Scenic Trail (U.S. National Park Service).

Many people spend years hiking it, doing segments at a time.

1 Like

I’d love to find a sit in Dublin, Ireland - my hometown. Haven’t been since pre COVID and all my cousins are there and a couple of aunts who won’t be around much longer and would love to see them one last time. I would also love to find a sit somewhere in South America but realize those are hard to find.

5 Likes

Your Dublin plans are heartwarming.

I visited for the first time earlier this year, nonsit travel, and found it lovely. Also took in Galway, the Wild Atlantic Way and the Cliffs of Moher. Beautiful.

Plan to return to Ireland with my husband, who’s an American with Irish grandparents.

4 Likes

So far I’ve walked from Minehead to Marazion on the SW Coast Path and planning to do more in September.

When I get back to the UK in March I’ve a sit lined up with 4 Pygmy goats, which will be a first, plus other animals. I’ll also be looking after my first horse. Although I have not much horse experience I’ve only got to make sure she’s alive and scoop the poop! Before then in February I’ve two whippets to look after in Aus, a breed I’ve been wanting to look after

5 Likes

@Smiley Pygmy goats… how exciting!! :clap:t2::slightly_smiling_face:

@Smiley feeling a little jealous over the Pygmy goats but we still have some free weeks so maybe it will be possible for us in 2024 and if not there’s always 2025 !!!

1 Like

Location would be Italy love the food love the language.love cats.hopefully something works out for 2024.

4 Likes

@Genevere Any particular area of Italy? :it:

Fingers crossed for you :crossed_fingers:t2::slightly_smiling_face:

Fancy florence

3 Likes

@Genevere It’s so beautiful there :heart:

1 Like

I just began the First of my winter/Spring sits, currently I n a suburb of Chicago. This will be my first season following this sit that I will have sits abroad. Beginning with Toronto as I’ve never been despite traveling quite extensively in Canada. In late February I’ll be heading to Scotland which I had a goal to return after traveling there in 2016. This time will be close to Edinburgh and I’m super excited about that. Afterward I’m going to visit a friend in Inverness who owns a cat rescue. From there I’ll be heading to Yorkshire in England for 2 weeks and looking forward to spend time exploring the north coast. Other goals I have is to do a sit in Wales and and hopefully Cornwall. I generally don’t sit in the summer months, but I’d love also to do a sit in Greece during the spring. I’d love to do an autumn sit somewhere in the Maritime province’s of Canada either Nova Scotia or New Foundland. I’ve been very fortunate as long before I joined THS I traveled extensively since I worked for the Airline industry in the 80’s and other tourism related companies in the 90’s. Now that I’m semi-retired I can do more what I love which is being with pets and exploring new territory.

5 Likes

2024 is going to be a very quiet year for us (says she laughing at hubbie while he flicks through flight details to goodness knows where). I have promised my grandchildren that we will be near them during summer holidays so it’s the UK with family friendly sits. Hampshire, Cornwall or some nice little seaside town would be good. September/October in Scotland to catch the gliding soaring season then head for the winter sun somewhere. But plans are/can be very fluid. It all depends what catches our eye.
I love this life I lead.

7 Likes

I would like to do a sit somewhere with a beach with just my husband. I just bought a cabin pass last night through Thousand Trails so that I can travel to some cool places without petsitting and use the cabins as backup in case pet parents cancel on me

4 Likes