Where is your dream sit?

I have been looking for a housesit in Croatia for about a year with no luck. I also work in the wine industry and I am always interested in pet sitting in wine regions. Where do you hope to petsit someday?

1 Like

There are so many places I would like to go, but I think my dream sit would be a few months in rural Asturias, Spain with a nice dog and some donkeys.

1 Like

A hilltop village in Italy.

2 Likes

Bath, UK. I was there in 2013 and wish to return one day soon.

I would also love to go to Boracay Island, Philippines which i was at in late 2019.

For a more close to home sit, give me Port Douglas please…

2 Likes

I think my answer will be rather vague. I’m up for adventures almost anywhere.
My ideal sit. It must have good walking/hiking nearby, probably out in the country, remote. Canada has been our favourite place so far. It’s such a huge country and almost everywhere is beautiful and remote. The Highlands of Scotland, although I lived there so I know the damp weather can get a person down. Panama.
Dream sit would probably be in New Zealand surrounded by mountains on one side and a beautiful beach on the other.

5 Likes

Scotland with a Border Collie and or a Westie. I’ve been to the Isle of Skye and want to go back. I’m also a photographer so any opportunity where the dog and scenery are the perfect retreat.

4 Likes

You would love my current sit then, a lively hilltop village in a forest in Tuscany where nobody speak English. A great place for the summer.

3 Likes

Come to Italy ! It is not so common here the house sitting way but possible !! One day I will put my own place to be sitted by someone … just a matter of time

2 Likes

Chicago it is in my list but among other places I wish also in Hawaii … \lol the list could continue longer

2 Likes

Italy definitely love the language love the food.and a good supply of cats.

3 Likes

That’s exactly the type of sit we’ve been doing since moving up in Jan 21. Cant have too many spaniels!

2 Likes

Japan for us!

3 Likes

By the beach
Bali
All the pacific islands
Thailand beaches&islands
Sri Lanka
Indonesia
India
So much more.

6 Likes

I like to be surprised and I prefer not to worry about transportation. It has to be non complicated. Walk, train, bus, car but easy.
I love dachshunds. I would also try a small farm.
For now, anywhere in North America. An art community would be nice. Looking for my next sit in Santa Fe, NM but it could be eventually elsewhere. I heard of Laguna Beach, CA. I love to see citrus trees and the ocean but also a lake with the mountains reflections on it. I loved the desert. Joshua Tree was breath taking.
In fact, it could also be just a suburb house with a nice garden and neighborhood but also with some easy transportation. I am open.
Come Come to me, opportunities :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I see so many incredibly beautiful sits in Washington state (with ocean views, be still my heart!) but that’s quite a drive from Texas. So that’s on my list. I love the variety of all the sits I’ve done - but my ideal sit is somewhere beautiful and quiet (like Asheville, Virginia or Maine), with older, settled dogs, and a great outdoor component - either a view, a great deck/shady sitting area or pool. And a comfortable desk or table to sit at and write. Heaven.

2 Likes

We are definitely going to Italy next year, most likely in the fall. The trouble is that we want a sit in a village and most of the sits in Italy are in the countryside. If we can’t find one for next fall, we will rent an apartment some place, maybe Orvieto, Siena, or Lucca.

3 Likes

We might need some cover for a Tuscany village sit mid Sept to mid Oct. Can you message me please @Kelownagurl :pray:t2:

3 Likes

Of course cities are better connected but in case you can try also less known regions , ITaly has beauty everywhere . I am from Emilia Romagna region …at the boundaries with Tuscany there are splendid locations less known with cheaper places! In the APPENNINI mountains small town with rivers where to sunbathing and swim and to have a wonderful vacation! Maybe there is less night life situation because it is more concentrated in the coastal area but quality time food and tranquillity are guaranteed

3 Likes

Thanks, I’ll check out those locations. We don’t want a city though, just a village or small town big enough to have a few restaurants and shops, and enough people for a passeggiata!

1 Like