Who's on a house sit now? How's it going?

As sitters with THS for the last six years, we’ve just completed our first sit since February 2020 since COVID started. We’ve started applying on house sits within Canada just in the last month as we live in B.C. We went to Kamloops, B.C. for the weekend and sat for a couple who just joined THS the night before so we were their first sitters! The dog was lovely and my best friend lived around the corner from the house sit and we got to visit our son who we hadn’t seen for a year and he had just relocated to the same city. It was a wonderful experience getting back into our THS sits and we have one lined up in another city in British Columbia for October! So happy to be back into the swing of looking after furry friends again :slight_smile:

8 Likes

What wonderful news @Globetrotter, firstly to hear that you are back to house sitting, secondly that you were available to show a first time home owner the amazing benefits of house sitting, and thirdly that you were able to see friends and family again - a truly happy Monday morning share! May there be many more happy and furry times ahead :paw_prints: :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Thanks Vanessa!

2 Likes

We recently completed our first sit since August 2020. We had 6 lovable pets to care for - 3 sweet and well behaved dogs and 3 beautiful and friendly cats. One of the cats was elderly, blind and almost completely deaf. She still managed to get around OK, even if she did need lifting up to get to the food bowls. She could also summon us when she felt the need, with the loudest meow we’ve ever heard!

6 Likes

@Debbie It’s always a happy moment to hear when members have been able to get back to house sitting… Very pleased for you and it sounds like plenty of pet cuddles with 6! It always amazes me how animals cope and retain a lot of their independence, with failing senses… Certainly a big plus to have house sitters for vacation care! Do you have more sits lined up?

1 Like

We are in London, on a beautiful houseboat with Scout ( and two cats )

10 Likes

Hi Scout!! @Colin that looks and sounds amazing … and no rain? :heart_eyes:

Have a wonderful sit and happy #Caturday

@Angela_L -To take the pic I chose the two minutes we have had so far this week when it was not raining :rofl:

1 Like

@Vanessa_A I’ve just finished speaking to a HO on the phone and we’ve confirmed a sit over the August Bank Holiday weekend in London, with 2 cats and 2 dogs.

3 Likes

Congratulations @Debbie and I know @Vanessa_A will be just as delighted for you … thank you so much for sharing your good pet sitting news!

If you need any help or advice you are sure to find it here.

Have a wonderful weekend.

2 Likes

@Colin that looks such a great sit! I’d love to do a sit on a houseboat, or even a narrowboat as we have done several narrowboat holidays. However as a family of 4, or even as a threesome when my husband has used all his holiday, we’d be unlikely to find one big enough!

1 Like

@Debbie - It is a great sit, we were lucky to get accepted. This was one of those where we were the first application, the HO liked us so accepted us.
The boat is lovely and deceivingly big inside, 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms. There are 2 cats and a dog to care for that are all great too. Definitely one of the sits that we would love to re-visit in the future :grinning:

5 Likes

It’s on my bucket list……lucky you

2 Likes

Just started a lovely sit at Corby Northamptonshire with Poppy and Merlin. Here we are at the start of a five mile hike under a viaduct…through fields where they have cut the hay… a nice woodland and circuit back through a country estate. Having come across from Australia five years ago, I am still blown away by the fact that there are so many miles of public footpaths, bridle paths,canal tow pathsP1310288 - Edited
and permissive ways across the UK! I wonder do people really appreciate how special that is in a world where so many places are fenced off. I recently read about the campaigns that led to rights of way being opened up here and its quite inspiring. If you enjoy walking dogs in the countryside take time out to quietly thank those people that fought those battles.

6 Likes

Oh yes we appreciate how many public paths there are in the UK. We love it.

2 Likes

We are currently on a house sit in the West Midlands and we feel very privileged to have been asked to look after twelve beautiful horses and ponies, four Dexter cattle, ten chickens, two quails, two water turtles and a beautiful cat called Milo.

7 Likes

Wow @Samox24 that is one joyful pet overload … amazing I would be in Equine heaven … and fur, feathers and moos.

How has it been? Would love to have a glimpse into your “Day in The Life Down On The Ranch/Farm” have so enjoyed your IG posts although I didn’t realise you were sitting a herd of horses.

Thank you so much for sharing and for being amazing, like all of our community members.

1 Like

We are absolutely loving it! :heart: We have been here for 10 days so far and still have another 6 to go. We feel really privileged to have been asked to do this, wonderful people and fabulous animals… and yes I must do a ‘Day In The Life Down On The Ranch’ post very soon and I am pleased you are enjoying our IG posts :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@Samox24 …and a partridge in a pear tree! Just think of all those lovely fresh eggs! Enjoy yourselves.

2 Likes

Absolutely! :sweat_smile: and thank you :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes