Who's on a house sit now? How's it going?

I hope at least the home host gave you cash to buy the pet food?!

1 Like

it is a most glorious morning here in Bromley Kent, London, UK today where I am cat sitting for two lovelies while my hosts are in Boston and I am especially joyful and proud to be on this sit. One of my lovely ladies is running in the Boston marathon today for the second time. Despite recent recovery from illness, this is her 71st marathon, A six star major athlete, one of only 200 women in the UK to hold that accolade. I have been her sitter for 3 of those majors and right now I am feeling super proud and super happy to play a small part in that. yeah they could have chosen someone else but it’s me, here in one my most favorite countries with some of the most incredible women I have ever met. Women who are not afraid to live boldly, helping each other on the way.
So yeah, I’m dancing to their jamming work out music in my socks in the dining room.
You never know what and where you will go and make happen till you give it a shot!

Pics might follow after permission granted :rofl:
yeah I am very excited and I am happiest when I help other people be happy.

6 Likes

Started a sit in Worcester on Saturday. Took the train over from first sit in Hitchin.
Murphy, a spaniel, Cassie, a sproodle, and Charlie, the friendliest cat I’ve ever sat with.
Dogs are quite calm and very friendly.
No buses running Easter or Monday so will begin exploring tomorrow.
Murphy, the spaniel

Cassie, the sproodle

Charlie, the cat taking charge of my bag

9 Likes

What a doll baby. Good on you Sir. I have a feeling you are going to enjoy this adventure.

3 Likes

You are a good sitter to take on puppy training!

3 Likes

What lovely experiences you’re giving her!

2 Likes

@anon36831737 In my mind I often want to add a speech bubble to photos. That certainly came to mind today, knowing these were new experiences for Tiga.

Lower photo: I don’t know what kinda dog that is, but boy is it BIG :scream:

Upper photo: (looking back at you) … “I’m warning you now, don’t get any bright ideas of riding my back. I’m not having it.” :woozy_face:

Thanks for sharing your wonderful experiences with us on the forum. I’m travelling vicariously through you. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

You are opening up Tiga’s world!

2 Likes

What a life you lead! My husband would be very jealous.

2 Likes

Feeling pretty blessed by the Gods

7 Likes

Finished up a 4 night ‘fill in the dates’ sit in Stedham, Midhurst, West Sussex. Tinker, an 8 yo JRT and a year old black lab, Mabel who was happy to spend all her time fetching the ball or knocking it out of the air so Tinker could grab it.
Great walks along the River Rother, just steps from the house.

This was my second sit with a JRT - they really have special personalities!
Started today in Laughton, East Sussex with a pair of min-Schnauzers.

9 Likes

@anon36831737 that is an adorable photo of little Tiga playing with her new friends!

Wow, what a great sit. I’ve only been to Hobart and surroundings but want to explore more!

Fourth (and penultimate) sit of my 6 weeks in England. Drove from West to East Sussex on Wed to sit with a pair of min Schnauzers and 8 chickens in a new/old farm house. Original part from 1500s with additions in 1930s, 2013, and the guest bedroom/bathroom are brand new. Had a delightful dinner with the family Wed night and they headed off for a family wedding in Cyprus for 2 weeks.
Scruffy (black, male, 5 yo) and Conni (gray, female, 3 yo) are my first Schnauzers and are great fun. The chickens have been giving me 3 eggs a day - all different colors but I’ve not found a frying pan yet to cook them in.

And yesterday was fortunate to confirm a sit for the last 2 nights of this trip in Kingston-upon-Thames.

10 Likes

Duh, I just figured it out - the induction cookware doesn’t have a permanently attached handle - but there are detachable handles in the utensil drawer. So a full set of various sized frying pans, pots, etc. :cook:
And the schnauzers with their bushy eyebrows make me think of Groucho Marx every time I look at them. :disguised_face:

This is ‘Brian’ - We just arrived to Kiveton, near Sheffield UK to look after him.

7 Likes

Brian… love the name! :smile_cat:

I’m on a sit with a cat who, although independent in the house during the day, is glued to me on top of the bed covers during the night. I use an iPhone, and have the ‘Hey Siri’ voice set to an Australian man. I put the phone on the night table. This morning I asked Siri for today’s weather forecast. The cat quickly crept up to the phone and was ready to pounce on that man in the box! :smirk_cat: :joy_cat:

4 Likes

Im in the Greek Islands, Andros on a repeat sit. Looking after 5 cats, 3 dogs and chickens. As soon as I call out chook chook all the menagerie come running, dogs and cats included as I head to the chicken area. Its beautiful here, a remote hamlet in a valley, 30 minutes drive to the closest store and either coast line - right in the middle we are.

8 Likes

We are on our 3rd sit in Vermont at a lovely home with no neighbors in sight. The dog a mix of husky and shepherd and other breeds keeps us on our toys. She took a few days to bond with us but we are having great fun taking her on hikes.

5 Likes