Who's on a house sit now? How's it going?

Such a life you’ve created!

3 Likes

I saw the Northern lights in Norway 2017. Both in the Lofoten islands as well as Bodo
A truly wonderful experience.

2 Likes

@Catgoddess_99 @Maggie I remember seeing the Northern Lights for the first time when I was 15 on a trip to Iceland and WOW! Truly stunning. I have very luckily seen them numerous times again since, both from the ground and the air.

Hubby managed to take these photos from the flight deck over Northern Siberia in March 2020 whilst we were on a trip flying en-route from London Heathrow to Haneda, Japan. I did try to take some photos from my window in the cabin but he always has the best view! :man_pilot::joy:

In the last photo, you will see some orange lights, which are the lights of Bovanenkovo at approx position 70 degrees N and 69 degrees E.

8 Likes

Just wrapped up our first month long sit in Vancouver, BC. Sweet fluffy kitty who cuddled on the couch with us and watched the snow fall. What an extra treat to be a 15 min drive from my brother and his wife’s very large extended family, during the holidays. After 3 days driving south (and many, many photos of the snow covered terrain), we’ve settled into a quiet week of warmer sunny days of relaxation, on the outskirts of Las Vegas. Next stop a pet sit in Arizona!!! On the road again :notes:

13 Likes

@Joanne looks like you had a fabulous time in Vancouver, BC…. Enjoy Arizona! :+1:t2::slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Currently cat sitting in a very wet and windy Hampshire England. Here’s the elusive Nala I’ll looking after!

10 Likes

@Joanne thank you for the happy smiling faces, gorgeous kitty and for the ride …

Vancouver to Vegas a trip I’ve done many times, an ooh and ahh around every corner (well along a straight highway anyway)

Have a wonderful time in Nevada.

4 Likes

Hi @richten1 we are also currently sitting in wet, windy Hampshire near Portsmouth with an elusive cat! Where are you located?

Thanks @Angela_L and @Samox24. It was a great time in Vancouver and the road trip was eye opening. As someone who’s spent a good part of life on the east coast of the US, the scenery here is truly inspiring. I take photos and videos non-stop trying to capture the elusive beauty. Perhaps I’ll begin painting snow-capped mountains.

2 Likes

I’m near Alton till Saturday then off to sit in Crete for a week.

We leave on Monday for a mini break in Brighton before our next sit near Frimley

That’s fantastic. The life of a sitter!! :smiley:

1 Like

She’s gorgeous, a Bengal?

Gorgeous shots! While working in Sitka Alaska this past summer we had a rare clear night, it’s typically raining there and a high index and probability of seeing the lights, here’s a few images I captured with my phone.

11 Likes

@Catgoddess_99 Wow! Absolutely stunning.

1 Like

All of these Northern Light pictures are beautiful! It has been a huge bucket list of mine to see the lights. Hopefully one day I can check that off. Thanks so much for sharing.

4 Likes

wow Samox Lucky lucky you and especially jealous of that husband of yours who actually gets to see them more up close & personal than us ground dwellers. But yes it is an amazing experience and did you hear them as well? I don’t know if everybody can. They have their own distinct sound ( was talking to a colleague the other day and she is it’s such a peaceful sound). They are beautiful aren’t they, so glad you got to experience them too

1 Like

Gorgeous aren’t they. The first thing nearly everyone says is Wwoooooooow and are just stood wide mouthed looking up at the sky. But such a privilege to see them. I was in Tromsø for 14 nights but only 3 had lights as there was so much snowcloud the lights were not visible even though the forecast was off the scale high for activity.

3 Likes

@Maggie they are truly stunning, I have heard a slight sound akin to radio static/very light crackling sound on one occasion when I was completely far away from man made noise, after hiking out on a mountain in Iceland.
Hahaha yes but hubby doesn’t think he’s so lucky when the sun comes up over the Atlantic and stings his eyes! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I leave these three behind tomorrow after nearly 4 weeks in Rangiora near Christchurch, New Zealand. Looking forward to the next adventure

11 Likes