Who's on a house sit now? How's it going?

Thanks @Crookie - I did ask the home hosts but they have not got back to me yet. She is a cutie - and very comical too ! :rofl:

That happened to me on my first TH sit in Anchorage AK. Ted was a huge German Shorthair Pointer/Pitt Mix. He was a well behaved dog that lived in a condominium. I took him to his favorite dog park and all was going well until he spied a large stinky mud puddle and laid down then rolled in it. He made a mess in the owner’s car and then when we got home, because it was a condo, the only way I could clean him was to put him on the front porch and bring out buckets of water over and over again. Then there was cleaning out the car! I learned my lesson about watching him more closely at the dog park and keeping some water and towels in the car. Loved that big boy!

1 Like

Middle of a 10 day sit in a 16th floor apartment overlooking Pike Place market with Jules, an 8 yo JRT. Lots of rain and a bit cold, snow today, but it isn’t sticking.

Jules is amazingly able to balance on his butt - can sit like this for 3 minutes. He will sit up and stare at me!

14 Likes

@toml what a clever pup! :clap:t2::dog::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I lived just outside Seattle for 3 years in the early 90’s. Had Mt. Rainer views on my commute to/fro work. Beautiful!
Enjoy!

1 Like

@toml OMG, I love Jules!!!

1 Like

One of my most fav parts of the world @toml
Thank you for sharing some “home” imagery complete with gorgeous furry friend :dog: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Great shots @toml. Looks like you’ve bonded with another cutie!

I love Pike’s Market!

2 Likes

A cutie very hungry

9 Likes

Hi @Grandma
Where is your sit? Yes, she certainly looks very intent on making sure she will get fed! So pretty.

1 Like

Just started my first house sit now!
Sleep over and a nice warm hand off.
I’m talking to the pup and look over and either she’s relaxed or my conversation is boring!

7 Likes

@HelloOutThere
AAh … what a special photo and captured moment, and so nice to see her relaxed so quickly.
She looks like a boxer of which I have had many, and absolutely adored.
Enjoy your time there.

3 Likes

@HelloOutThere What a lovely relaxed hound, thank you for sharing and enjoy the rest of your sit :dog::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Baja Mexico. She is unbelievable . 16 years, little walk.

1 Like

Funny @HelloOutThere I have human family members who do exactly the same when I’m talking to them, I prefer to think they are just really chilled and listening with their eyes closed … :joy::

Have a wonderful first sit … :dog: :heart:

Yesterday, we arrived in Frankston, an hour’s train ride from Melbourne on a short 3-night sit to care for the very dapper Augustus. He wears the bib to give the birds a fighting chance!

10 Likes

Hi @Colin he is indeed very dapper … I’ve heard of bells on collars etc., how does the bib work, other than restrict his movement?

It doesn’t restrict his movement at all but it is big, colourful and flaps around so the birds have more of a chance to spot him coming. - it has a bell attached also!

4 Likes

We’ve just returned from 2 short housesits during the school half term holidays. The first time we have done back to back sits. The first was in Dorset. 2 cats, 3 chickens and 4 fish

The very playful Ringo

The very chilled Mikan

Who wanted to take a selfie

If it looks as if Mikan has big feet, it’s probably because he has an extra toe on each foot.

Here are the chickens, Rosie, Frederica and Thelma

And our attempt at a selfie with the fish!

10 Likes

My current pup sit finally got close and cuddled. Melt.

7 Likes