Writer new to house sitting

Hi,

Mi name is Wilmer. My wife Mirza and I are retired physicians. I became a fullk time writer and already puplished a book. I never did home sitting before. But I have used frequently Airbnb.

3 Likes

Hello @wilmerperez and welcome to the forum. Congratulations on your second career as a writer. We have many writers and physicians here on THS.

Writing is a perfect profession or avocation for a pet sitter, as many pet owners want sitters who spend a lot of time in the home and can provide attention to their animals.

Trusted Housesitters is an organization of animal lovers. Pet owners who want to travel have care for their pets in the comfort of their own homes. Pet sitters get to take care of darling pets while having the unique opportunity to live life as a local in a new location in a real home. The sitter is also there to keep an eye on the home.

Other than the annual membership fee, no money changes hands. It’s really not at all like AirBnb. You can read a discussion comparing the two here:
AirBnb versus Trusted Housesitters

Here, all of us, both pet owners and pet sitters, are first and foremost animal lovers. This explains how it works: https://www.trustedhousesitters.com/how-it-works/find-a-sitter/

You can use the little spyglass in the upper right to enter search terms or questions. Many things have been discussed in the past that you may find of interest. Please feel free to post any question, thought or idea you may have. You will find many lovely people here happy to reply.

4 Likes