Alerts too late

Greetings.

We are fully paid up sitters and use the app as well as the web site.

We set up alerts for Singapore where two of our sons live. Almost daily, we get notified of opportunities but they always have 3 or more applications.

Any idea how this works? Is there a way to post an interest in the area? Dates are less important as we are retired and can travel at fairly short notice.

All suggestions (Keep it clean) welcome.

Thanks

The daily alerts are generated by Saved searches that you create in the web interface.

You can get faster notifications by creating saved searches in the app. Those come within the hour. Also there, you might be too late, because there are more sitters than HOs there. You can mark them as favourites, so that you will be notified of new dates, but those notifications are not faster.

Three or more applications is fine - go for it! You definitely don’t have to be first to get picked. If you don’t have reviews yet maybe also look closer to home so you can start building your profile up?

Thanks. We do use the app but I think you hit the nail on the head re numbers of sitters and HOs plus Singapore is a popular destination.

I only get an email alert on a daily basis so probably need to do a few searches during the day.

Onward and upwards

Thanks. Worth remembering. We do have good reviews so maybe update our bios to reflect our experience etc.

Yes, that is the impression that I got when reading your first message. Those are generated by Saved searches that you created in the web interface.

When you create a Saved search in the app, that behaves differently. It should generate notifications in the app. Unfortunately, there are (some or many) members that do not get such notifications. It seems that that is primarily a problem that affects the android app.