Anybody writing a blog about their house sitting adventures?

Oh thank you!

1 Like

Hiya!
New blog post today about getting membership cards to save money when in the UK

1 Like

@Csovig This is great, thank you for sharing :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

We are in the final count down to selling everything we own and going full nomadic for the next two years. We’ve started a blog about our plans and we will be writing about our house/pet sitting adventures. Does that count?

Note that while Jeff will be documenting our adventures on our website, themobileretiree, we are both very cognizant of people’s desire for privacy and will take measures to protect the HO’s privacy and respect their space, such as refraining from sharing photos of pets without permission, or sharing identifying information or photos of the homes.

2 Likes

Here’s our blogpost about housesitting in Maryland for a month: Great Things To Do in Maryland - Tattle Tails - International Housesitting

Is that your website? The mobile retiree?

yes it is!

Great informative post - For sitters in U.K. who want to visit gardens there is also
this months (May ) edition of Gardeners World magazine has a 2for1 annual pass for 416 gardens in U.K.

This includes famous gardens like Kew and Wakehurst and entry to lots of castles and gardens like Hever and Arundel .

For single sitters some of the gardens will give you 25% off with the pass .

You can buy the magazine in the shop or order online .

Home Owners if you live near one of these gardens this would be a lovely thoughtful gift for your sitters .

Great idea! We got this last year and I totally forgot about it!

1 Like

We’re getting ready to leave Tideswell, England. Here’s what the village is like!

3 Likes

Hi @Csovig this is great and really informative for anyone who will be visiting Tideswell in the Peak District. Thank you for sharing :clap:t2::slightly_smiling_face:

Also @Csovig, I have a question I would like to ask you. Do you have any content in particular that you would love to see next on the Forum?

2 Likes

Yes
In my blogsite I have a category with housesits.
It’s in dutch however but Google helps you out?
Blog housesits

1 Like

We wrote a post about how to make your listing attractive to good house sitters: How to Attract Good House Sitters - Tattle Tails - International Housesitting

1 Like

@Csovig this is a really good read, thank you for sharing :slightly_smiling_face:

Also just a quick question @Csovig - is there any particular content you would like to see next on the Forum?

Hello @CamperCarl and a warm welcome to the Community Forum :wave:t2::slightly_smiling_face:

This is a great blog, thank you for sharing :blush:

I just had a peruse of your profile and it looks great, I see you have already had previous pet sitting experience and you have four references so you are in good stead for securing some great sits.

I have attached a thread, securing our first few sits which you should find helpful

Also, remember you can use the spyglass symbol at the top of the page next to the TrustedHousesitters logo and search for any questions that you may have as they have most likely already been answered on here and of course if not then please just ask!

I have attached a thread below, it would be great if you could join in with this as we think you could offer great feedback and your input would be a great addition

Happy travels! :blush:

3 Likes

Thank you, thank you! @Samox24
I will check those threads for sure! :+1:

Thank you!
I’ll have a think and let you know!
New housesit today!

2 Likes

@Csovig that would be great thank you and enjoy your sit! :blush:

Here’s about our latest sit in Hampshire:

4 Likes

I’ve just started! So far I just have some random articles but am going to start documenting my sitting adventures as well! :slight_smile:

2 Likes