Application Length

We’re all judging, whether we’re sitters or HOs. It doesn’t have to be an unpleasant interaction despite that. Like if you won’t sleep on a sofa bed or don’t want to sleep with someone’s pet, that’s totally fine. And how specific you get is up to you as well. So say you’ve seen X or asked to see it and it doesn’t work for you. You can then say, I don’t sleep well on sofa beds or just say the sit doesn’t seem like a good fit for you, without mentioning the sofa bed.

@Val its absolutely OK to have different standards and its ok to judge! We all make judgements about everything all the time and based on these judgements we make choices that suit us! Its your life and your choice. Today my husband and I withdrew from a great looking sit at the video call stage because we did not feel good with the hosts during the call. It was not a good energetic match. Its rare we would withdraw at this stage but I feel so relieved now! Always follow your gut- if something feels off -at any stage- the pics, the listing, the attitude of the host etc pay attention to your instincts. We have at times missed red flags because of the desire to do a particular sit and the fear of missing out! It always backfires somehow!
Be selfish! Ask all the questions you need! Make sure you feel good about all aspects of the sit. Don’t compromise on any of the important stuff or you will regret it.

3 Likes

You know, that’s a really good point. If the sit isn’t a good match for me, I probably am not a good match for the sit. That’s not necessarily judgey, it’s knowing myself. Honestly if I’d had to sleep in that bed for a week, I would have been hallucinating from lack of sleep by the end of the sit. That’s no good for the animals or the owner, either.

2 Likes

Thanks for your tips … much appreciated as a newbie

Cheers

David