Are homeowners happy to accept foreign sitters yet?

Yes, we’re from the UK and just landed our first house and pet sit abroad (France) for 5 weeks early next year. Go for it, Smiley!

6 Likes

Congratulations Dash, Passer un moment incroyable …

What a brilliant way to start your 2022 house sitting adventure. Where are you sitting and who will you be keeping happy at home :wink:? … Apart from yourselves of course.

1 Like

Thanks Angela! SW France looking after a dog and two cats. Very excited!

3 Likes

I’ve got several UK strings booked so at least some folks are.
4 sits Dec-early Jan
3 sits mid Feb-mid March
starting on next summer

4 Likes

Woohoo maybe I’ll see you again over yonder.
There are so many sits and yes some doors are open and very welcoming.
If you figure out how to clone yerself, let me know. Seems to be my only challenge :sunglasses:

Where are you in the UK?

3 Likes

That’s fantastic! Good luck with extending your trip and hope it all goes smoothly

2 Likes

It’s understandable but very frustrating

1 Like

That’s good to hear! I plan to go for it. Thanks :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

That’s super Tom, so pleased some Brits have taken you on. Btw, how long can you stay in the UK/Europe for? I think we can only stay in the US for 90 days, without applying for a longer visa

I’m in the US, and I would happily accept sitters from abroad as long as they’re vaccinated (and meet my other requirements, ofc.

4 Likes

@lesherjennifer hello and good to see you back in the forum… thank-you for contributing to the conversation. It’s encouraging to hear from owners who are now able and willing to welcome overseas sitters. Certainly suggests a growing trend towards normalisation. Are you planning any travels over the holiday season?

3 Likes

In my heart at the moment :slightly_smiling_face:
I will be in Wales in May, London in April, July and August. :heart_eyes_cat:

2 Likes

Yes, I would as long as they’re fully vaccinated.

2 Likes

From November 8th on this is finally possible! Good luck with foreign sitters :pray:t3:

1 Like

Great news. We are hoping to continue our US adventure in February/March.

1 Like

Hope it goes according to plan :blush:

I can now say United States pet owners are very willing to accept foreign sitters. In the past 36 hours we have been accepted for two excellent sits and had to let another three know we had to withdraw our applications as we are unable to fulfill their dates. Two of them had already contacted us expressing interest.
We are also sitting for our very first dogs again. Very excited about that as we haven’t seen each other for over two years. All my worry and anguish was for nothing. However I have changed my letter, putting a paragraph at the very beginning about vaccinations, travel plans, visas and the fact we are both very fit and healthy. I think that has made a big difference.
So there is hope……

7 Likes

This is good to hear and congratulations! Have a great time!

1 Like

Well done @ElsieDownie!
I am so happy for you!

This is usually the case :grinning: with most things.
In the end things work themselves out.
Enjoy!