Are you accepting International sitters?

Ooohhh, we are in Panama at the moment and saw the perfect sit to start our time in US. Took over an hour to compose the application. The pet owner took 13 hours to read it. There was over 15 applications the last time I looked. Checking my in box every few hours………I’m not excited…………but……….

We are seasoned sitters with over 40 reviews but still get that butterfly feeling when we find that “must do” sit.

3 Likes

@BunnyCat
Be flexible! Leave some space between sits! Best is if you’re in Europe already before the sit starts. Tell the HOs that you will be in Europe already so you don’t come flying in for this sit. That’s what is most important to us and it’s the first question I ask potential sitters. Even if there are not many travel restrictions left, we never know if times might not change again, especially with this war now going on. Our concern is that we might not be able to fly home as planned, because of a possible Covid-19 infection and the sitters would need to leave, because they haven’t planned some time between sits.
HOs also don’t want to feel bad if the have to cancel the sit when there are expensive plane tickets involved. So when the sitters are in Europe already or anyway, it’s more likely to be accepted.

2 Likes

Hi @BunnyCat I am a new HO & have a 2 week sit in Sussex UK 12-27 July although you may be looking for something sooner? Do take a look :eyes:
Best wishes Jo

1 Like

I think this is something that could be mentioned right on top of an application so that the HO doesn’t even have to check your profile or has to ask.

I’m looking for a sitter 19 May to 1 June in Salford (adjacent to Manchester)… :smiling_face: I was more looking for a single person but am open to couples if you’re happy to use my bedroom. (The spare room is too small for two people.)

1 Like

We think things are getting back to normal but the 90 day thing applies now to sitters from the uk if they are sitting in the EU. It’s something HO have to may ask about when arranging a sit. We was very lucky we got a fab couple Chris and Shaun who was wonderful but it was by my emailing them to ask if they could help us.