Canceled Sit due to Covid

Covid Cancellation
Hi, I tested positive for Covid, despite being vaccinated and boosted about week/10 days before I was due to fly to a sit.
I was advised not to travel by my doctor.
I let the homeowners know and they said they hoped I feel better. That was the last communication I’ve had from them.
I feel terrible having to cancel, but I didn’t want to fly while I was sick.
The homeowners haven’t unconfirmed me as their sitter and they didn’t relist the sit.
Should I reach out asking if they’ve found someone? What happens if they don’t unconfirm me?

Hi @Crittersitter I’m tagging @Therese from our Membership Services team who can help assist you regarding this matter. So sorry you have Covid, I hope you feel better soon.

@Crittersitter personally, it feels like the covid scare has come and gone. People are moving on and traveling regardless, most people don’t even get tested anymore. But that could just Europe, I don’t know how it is where you are.

1 Like

botvot, Just known 6 separate friends quite ill with it in England and they are certainly not travelling :frowning_face:

1 Like

I know a guy, healthy and 50, who got it mere weeks after the bivalent vaccine and he’s been pretty sick with it.

Thank you!

1 Like

Yes it’s the same here too.
But I can state with certainty that Covid hasn’t gone away. I also know other people who are sick and are going about their day assuming it’s a cold. Unless you get a lab test you can’t know for sure if you have it.

Just to clarify, I didn’t think Covid has gone away, but millions of people are flying everyday, no restrictions in place. There is every chance that some of these millions have Covid. We recently flew return long haul between Europe and Africa and not once were we asked for a Covid test result. My point is that people keep traveling, and as @Crittersitter said, going about their daily business, regardless of Covid, so maybe the home owners assumed you would too?

1 Like