Cancellation

Hi fellow sitters, I got confirmed for a housesit a couple of days ago and the homeowner cancelled the sit the very next day. Apparently they had found “better option”, i.e. a person that could do two sits in a row for them. On one hand I obviously understand that it is easier on the pet not to have too many strangers around - and that is why I kept my mouth shut - but on the other hand I found that this what extremely unprofessional and unfair from the homeowners. How would you have dealt with this?
Luckily, most homeowners are just as adorable as their pets, but I just felt hurt and needed an outlet to share my feelings :wink:
Happy petsitting to all of us!
xoxo Wiebke

2 Likes

That’s very unfortunate and discourteous of the home owner, in my opinion. If it had happened to me I would have explained how disappointed I was and made sure I didn’t apply to them in the future. Lots of home owners have a variety of sitters and the animals tend to get used to this.

4 Likes

I am really sad to hear of this. You obviously were a good match to begin with and to be told that they found a “better option” is very unprofessional. It is very unprofessional how they handled this whole situation.
I am pretty sure you will find much better housesits in the future who will appreciate you.

You probably dodged a bullet with this homeowner. Their loss & yes, as Smiley said, you won’t have to apply for them in the future.
Hope you find a better alternative housesit!

4 Likes

Kind of felt like not talking to them any more. No big loss as it was just for 3 days. But still I felt hurt. Luckily I hadn’t made any plans for afterwards. And you bet I am not applying there any more!!

1 Like

Good point. I was thinking about it. But then I thought about the kitty. She is taken care of and that’s all that counts. I guess my ego just got a bit hurt…

1 Like

It was just not meant to be I guess. I have always been very relaxed about not being “the chosen one” because after all I think we all are a great choice for any homeowner :slight_smile: . This one just hurt, because we had a nice interview. As it was their first time with THS they even asked me as an experienced sitter which info they should put in the welcome guide!!!