Cancelled!

Gah, our sit that starts on the 9th just got cancelled on us! I guess we knew it could happen but it’s a bit of a scramble when it does.

Thankfully we are in the UK and there are still quite a few last minute sits available so we have applied for two so far. Our only trouble is that we had B&Bs booked and paid for on both ends of the cancelled sit so we’ve opened up our dates to include those and will just eat the cost of the B&B if we have to.

Cross your fingers - I don’t relish paying for an airbnb for a whole week at this point. LOL.

ETA: I just want to add that Erik and I find this is all part of the adventure and we have no doubt it will all work out just fine. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

On the positive side you should find another sit. This happened to us earlier in the year & we got a great sit, worked out much better than the original one.
The B&B is a hard one. We do this at times but try & book just within the week of the sit, but then with 2 days.
Maybe see if theyll honour your bookings for a later date? Worth a try.

2 Likes

Hope so. We’ve applied for three so far. One has already responded they just found someone. Hopefully one of the other two is interested. It just makes life exciting. LOL.

2 Likes

There are 3 pages of weeklong sits in the UK starting 9, 10 and 11 June. Go there instead of here amiga. Something great is about to happen. Go!

1 Like

Oh we are there and applying for anything decent in SW England that fits between the 9th and the 16th. Fingers crossed.

2 Likes

Couldn’t have said it better @Amparo !! There are so many UK sits available @Kelownagurl - the main website is definitely the place to be looking. Hope you find something!

4 Likes

Yes and don’t box yourself in. Widen your search and enjoy the ride!
Then tell us about it!

Our only limitation is not having to drive too far to get to Gatwick on the 16th. Not going to go north of London.

3 Likes

Sorry you are having to deal with this but I’m sure you will get something, there are so many sits available in the UK at these moment.
In regard to the b&b bookings, I always book with booking.com and opt for free cancellation. Normally they can be cancelled right up to the day before. I think I’ve cancelled more than I have used.

2 Likes

Hope everything works out for you and that you get a wonderful replacement sit that fits your dates.

2 Likes

Yes, us too. Unfortunately, one of the B&Bs had to be paid today. But honestly, I’m really not too worried about it. Everything will work out in the end. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Check your cancellation on Airbnb. It can be as little as 5 days.
I know how you feel. We’ve had one cancelled in Boston. The only redeeming feature is the dates span 4th July so we are very hopeful at getting a new one in the same area.

4 Likes

Yes and you can also change your dates so you are still in the cancellation window then cxl

1 Like

We’ve already passed the date and it’s paid for but it’s only one night so no big deal.

I think we were talking about my B&B and the cancellation window for cancelling it. It is outside of the original sit window.

1 Like

@Kelownagurl . Really good mindset to look at it. Good luck and fingers crossed you get an amazing sit

2 Likes

@Kelownagurl I think you should at least build in some time to go down to Brighton and visit the TrustedHousesitters team. Tell them you’re our Canadian ambassadors. Maybe they’ll organize a parade or some post-platinum event in your honour. :canada: :rofl: :tada: :clinking_glasses: :canada:

5 Likes

As @Kelownagurl says, I am referring to the AirBnB as a suggestion if possible. It is something I have done successfully with Airbnb, hotels and even with flight reservations.

2 Likes

Oh gotcha. I’ve never heard of that, nor would I do it.

Lol. We had hoped that, if we ever got to Brighton, we’d be able to visit, too. But when we were there in May we just assumed that everyone would still be working remotely (and from afar) and didn’t even look up where the office was.

2 Likes