Chat before applying?

Hello fellow sitters.
Is it possible to chat to a HO without applying for the sit?
I just need to check something with them before applying. :smiling_face:

I think of the application as an inquiry, since, as a HO, I never accept an application without messaging and a Zoom call anyway. I’d go ahead and apply and initiate conversation.

2 Likes

No unfortunately no way to chat to the HO without clicking “apply” -

We have done this on several occasions when we had a question not covered in the listing .

We started by introducing ourselves and then said ….your listing says xxxxx could you clarify xyz please ?

We will write a more detailed application when have your reply

Thank you

It works for us , In fact we did this earlier this week and once we got the information from the HO , we followed up with a “proper application” and we we’re confirmed for the sit within an hour .

7 Likes

Thanks @Silversitters . I have done just that.:blush:

1 Like

Thanks @GardenCat . Ive gone ahead :blush:

@MarieHuggins If we have questions that need to be answered in order to know if the sit is suitable we go ahead and hit ‘apply’ But we always start the message saying ‘this is not a proper application…just yet’ followed by our questions.
We say we’ll apply properly once we have the answers. Meanwhile we invite the host to check out out profile…
What very often happens is we get a reply with all questions answered, pics (eg bedroom) supplied and a direct invitation to sit! So, in such cases, we bypass the whole proper application process and go straight to a video call or even straight to confirming the sit!

2 Likes

@Lokstar exactly what i did, and they sent me an invite. :blush:having video chat tomorrow before accepting :smiling_face:

4 Likes

That’s fantastic news @MarieHuggins and I hope your video call goes well tomorrow :crossed_fingers:t2: