Communication tools between owner and sitter

@MagicalFarm as @LizBCN has said, WhatsApp is excellent as a way to interact between sitters and Pet Parents/HO’s. Also keep in mind, if sitters are regularly traveling internationally, they may already have international calling set up on their phones so they can keep in touch with family, friends, or other potential sits.

Plus 1 for WhatsApp. As soon as I’m in discussions with a homeowner about potentially sitting for them, I connect on WhatsApp if they have an account OR FB messenger in some instances. THS messages are way too clunky for agile comms. I then use which ever one we connect on to call or chat prior to confirming the sit. Once we accept I keep them up to date with our movements and plans as the sit approaches. During the sit I send regular updates and would call in an emergency. Even if the sitter doesn’t have data, they can use WhatsApp using your WiFi.

2 Likes

I sent this post before seeing all the previous responses. (I had sent it to a different forum; happily, the administrator moved it here.) So thank you all - my question is fully answered!

Assuming you both have smart phones you can easily call each other via WhatsApp, Telegram or a number of other internet based calling apps. Just need to download the apps. I use WhatsApp most of the time these days even when calling inland where I could also use my inclusive minutes! With an app you can easily switch into a video call too if required.

1 Like