Confirmed sit now Inactive?

I was just looking through my confirmed sits (refreshing myself on travel plans) and noticed that one of my sits no longer has any information attached to it. There is no listing and the homeowners name has disappeared as has, apparently, our conversation prior to me confirming the sit. It’s almost as if it never happened and yet the sit is still confirmed on my end.

I have no way to contact the homeowner and, honestly, don’t even remember her name. I’m not sure how to proceed. Luckily, the sit isn’t until August so we have time to figure it out. What do I do?

1 Like

It may be their membership has expired but I suggest you contact support@trustedhousesitters.com for their assistance.
Alternatively you can do live chat through the bot and ask to speak to a human. Good Luck

3 Likes

That is why one really needs to establish an alternative line of communication. Many people do that when having a video chat before confirmation (and then Zoom is not very suitable for that, so use Whatsapp or Messenger or phone).

Sometimes I forget this when a sit gets confirmed without a chat. And they may send a Welcome guide, but that will also disappear. So one needs to copy the contact information.

3 Likes

Hello @Passport2Reality

I can see that you have already received some excellent advice from other members. Just to let you know that I have passed this across to Membership Services so please do keep an eye out for an email from them.

1 Like

@Passport2Reality was this sit confirmed before Sep23 ? Since that time it should not be possible for a member to turn off auto renew without first cancelling their confirmed sit ( see post below )

Another explanation is that the member has been removed from the platform by THS . However if a member has been removed from the platform member services should have contacted all confirmed sits to inform them .

Please let us know the outcome when you have spoken to member services . As @Twitcher already said can ask to chat with a human on the live chat :speech_balloon:.

We’ve just had exactly the same happen to us with an August sit. As you said, there is no way of contacting the HO so we decided to worry about it nearer the time. However having checked it again, the sit is now showing as normal with everything looking as it should. Not sure what happened but maybe give it a few days and fingers crossed the clitch will be sorted.

1 Like

My guess would be that the payment came through.

That happened to us last year. The pet parent purposely let it expire since we were already confirmed and figured they would pay for it again when they needed the next sitter. I told them that we don’t have a valid sit unless it was renewed and so they paid for their renewal

3 Likes

Hopefully the owner has just not renewed their membership. This happened to us as owners. Our confirmed sitter’s status was listed as “currently inactive”. We were unable to message the sitter through the website. We reached out to support and it turned out the sitter had been removed from the site for an undisclosed reason. THS support had not notified us. We had noticed the status first. We were told this had happened within the previous 48 hours and they had not had the chance to notify us. The sit was fairly far off and we did secure another sitter. But not sure why the site isn’t set up to automatically notify owners or sitters if the other party suddenly isn’t confirmed for whatever reason so you can track the status and reach out for clarification. I discovered it by accident and it was disconcerting.

4 Likes