Delicious English/Scottish/Welsh Gardens!

Things I love about England.

8 Likes

Agree with you

6 Likes

@Amparo, as always, you have posted great photos.

2 Likes

i do agree Amparo (although we don’t agree on everything, we share some tastes…) english gardens are marvellous : one of my favorites is in Costwolds.

National trust gardens are always a pleasure to visit, below Chartwell in Kent

even driving on the “bad side of the road” is not always a nightmare, when suddenly you see that :

4 Likes

Thanks for the lovely photos - I miss England so much. I’ve had to be content with watching endless reruns of Escape to the Country for the past 18 months.

3 Likes

I have sooooo many I’m working through so I can share.
These photos have fed my soul and I am happy that you enjoy my sustenance :laughing:

3 Likes

I’m going to spoil your thread and add a beautiful Scottish Garden !!

My parents retired to the Island of Arran about 1995, and at the front of the cottage was a sheep field. My dad, who was registered blind, did most of the heavy work, my mum was the designer. The garden was eventually featured in a Book, “The most beautiful Villages of Scotland” and their garden was on the back cover.

Me and Dad in the Garden, Lochranza Castle in the background.

The finished product…

10 Likes

oh my those are delicious and not spoilt at all. I can change the topic :smiley:
I have tons of pics from the numerous sits in Scotland and they are delicious.
That is really special.
Thanks!

3 Likes

Wonderful…

1 Like

It’s not a garden or a bridge but it’s my spiritual home. It’s a beautiful garden for everyone. Taken from the first lock of the Caledonian Canal…….Ben Nevis. And no, it hasn’t been photo shot or altered in any way.

8 Likes

A beautiful Scottish Borders garden we had the pleasure enjoying this summer.

6 Likes

Beautiful @ElsieDownie just beautiful

1 Like

Our Cove scottish garden @Petermac

6 Likes

That’s a beautiful view. You have settled(?) in a great location. I will be round for coffee one day.

2 Likes

I don’t know about “settled” @Petermac but yes this is our garden and view. You are welcome to stop by anytime.

We are off to Edinburgh doggy sitting next week … never going to hang those hats up :laughing:

4 Likes

Ok I’m Jelly (Scottish Envy)
Beautiful!

4 Likes

What beautiful pictures. I too love England. Thank you

1 Like

It just speaks to you doesn’t it? So much beauty in Scotland. It is one of my fave spots in the world. Mind you London will always be number one for me.

1 Like

Oh Angela I felt a little jealous that you were off to house sit in Scotland. In Australia our borders are still closed. My hope is a wonderful house sit in London from February 2022. I am missing the capital terribly. Am hoping for a couple months to immerse again. Just love it so much. Happy sitting. I did love your comment - never hang up those hats - you go girl thats the sort of inspirational comment we all need!!

4 Likes

We have sailed past you many times. A very picturesque location. Is the seafood restaurant still open north of you?

1 Like