Farm stays Scotland

I was curious if anyone on the THS either from the region , or has ever booked farm stays in between sits. I’ll be in Scotland in March and am exploring some alternatives during my in-between time’s. I’m a photographer and absolutely obsessed with Hairy Coos ( aka Scottish Highland Cows) and Highland ponies and woukd love to stay a few days at a holiday cottage on a farm. I’ve done some research , yet don’t know too many specifics. I think it would be a fun experience as well as many photographic opportunities. All suggestions invited gratefully.

5 Likes

Just bear in mind in March it can be raining and snowing in Scotland, so depending on the farm, it could be very muddy underfoot (and wellies are needed). Personally I’d pick a one that has a gorgeous view from your accommodation as there are plenty of rural stays in Scotland., and then you also get a different type of photo opportunity along with highland cows etc.

1 Like

Which part of Scotland are you headed to @Catgoddess_99? I’m based in the south, which has lots of farming areas, and I’m pretty sure there are a few farmstays around here.

I’m excited to see what photos you share from your time in Scotland!

2 Likes

Thanks! I know it will be wet and i have durable wellies ( I live in southeast Alaska summer and fall and its in a northern temperate rainforest) I’m going to play it by ear.

Edinburgh on my own for a week, then Dunbar and then Inverness to visit a friend.