Does everyone know you have to Unpause?

I’ve been using TH for a long time now and love it, but today I have to express a bit of frustration. Now they’ve instituted this practice of pausing your sit request after you get 5 applicants. Ok, I get that. But I declined 2 of the applicants and thought that would open my dates for new applicants - only to figure out after a week of no new applicants that I have to actively go in and unpause my dates. That isn’t at all obvious and I sure would have appreciated being informed! I’m writing this to help other owners not have the same experience.

6 Likes

Of course it’s not your fault, nobody knows what’s up :disappointed: Case in point: its absurd that you knew that you could only have five sitters apply at a time, but NOT that you needed to unpause! How frustrating! The communication on this policy has been disastrous.

8 Likes

Hi @Sallemander. I’m sorry for your frustration and lost time. You make a very good point, so I’ve passed your comments on to our product team.

1 Like

Makes one wonder….did the homeowner get the best sitter for their pet and home? Or just the best of the few applicants that got through.

3 Likes

I know that the one I saw yesterday, that I couldn’t apply for because I wasn’t able to log in, and apps were closed by the time I got through, they sure did miss out on the best candidate :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

Fortunately, I did get a couple of excellent applicants before it got paused. If that hadn’t have happened I’d be way more upset!

2 Likes

Hi Sallermander, I believe the five applicant thing was brought in, in an extremely underhand way. The only way I knew about it was when reading it on the forums here. Otherwise I would still not have known. I just completed a sit and the homeowner said that they had no idea that a five applicant rule had been brought in. So like you they would not have a clue regarding the unpausing etc. At the very least everybody should have received notification of this new rule and clear instructions as to how to pause and unpause etc. Many homeowners are quite ederly and not that technically savy. Some do not even know how to go about filling in the ‘Welcome Guide’ and instead have emailed me information.

3 Likes

@Visit THS did finally communicate re the 5 application automatic pause in one of the Trusted Times but if members don’t receive notifications etc or just delete that (they used to just contain “fluffy” information!) then they would not have seen it.

3 Likes

What’s Trusted Times?

1 Like

Hi @Sallemander The Trusted Times is a monthly THS newsletter that you should receive via email

Please have a look at the attached links as there are various versions that are issued

1 Like

After seeing the recent messages, I realized that I hadn’t received Trusted Times for a while. I checked in my email and the last time I got it was August 2022. I then checked my settings to make sure I had selected yes to getting marketing info, and I have. Should I reach out to member services to find out why I’m not getting this?

Hi @Cleeflang yes I would certainly reach out to Membership Services to check and hopefully you can get this sorted so you will receive in future :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Oh, gosh. This is REALLY not your fault. :heart: I’m compelled to apologize even though it’s not my fault either :roll_eyes:

Good point @Sallemander - we’ve been members nearly two years and I think we’ve seen two or three Trusted Times come through. @Samox24 - any ideas?

We’ve never received it -

Hi @Cuttlefish I know in the past members have unsubscribed themselves, which would have been done at the bottom of the original email, and in this instance you would need to be re-subscribed again.
The best way to find out why you are not receiving them is to contact Membership Services but I will also tag @Therese and @Angela_L to also look at this for you.
I have also tagged @Silversitters @Sallemander as you mentioned you haven’t received it either.

Thank you @Samox24. This is correct and I see @Silversitters & @Sallemander - you were unsubscribed. I have asked membership services to re-subscribe you.
If you have futher problems, please always go through to support@trustedhousesitters.com so they can fix it for you.

@Cuttlefish - these should be coming to you regularly, so if you do not receive it again, please ask membership services to investigate this on your behalf.

Thanks for resubscribing me. I do get frustrated with the quantity of emails and unsubscribe from everything but now that I know there may be important info in the newsletters I’ll actually read them!

1 Like

Temba. I did not see this notification and nor did many others. They should have sent a personal notification printed in bold in subject header. The owners I recently sat for had no idea. They just said they had five replies very quickly then nothing and didn’t know why? Three had just been queries who were not serious and two were unsutable for one reason or another. They were getting desperate and so reached out to me. I had not even seen their listing. Luckily a bit of juggling and was able to do it for them. But they had been looking out for other applicants, not knowing that others were blocked and could not see their lsiting. Think many will start looking at alternative sites. Not right to be paying for a service that is not delivering.

6 Likes

Wow, I have been a Sitter for 2 years and this is the first I’ve heard of Trusted Times. How do you read the back copies?
Thanks

1 Like