Empty Nest Syndrome - Guernsey to Bournemouth

Hi,

I thought Id have a go at introducing myself on this forum as a new sitter. I live in Guernsey, Channel Islands with my husband As a family, we are animal lovers, I enjoy caring for pets and the company they give in return.

A friend suggested pet sitting instead of hotels, whilst I’m in the UK helping to support my daughter settle into University life, especially as I won’t just be missing my children but also my pets & my home

I’ve fostered children & teenagers, hosted foreign students and term time students from other Channel Islands but other than looking after relatives and friends pets whilst they’re away and staying in airbnb accommodations, I’ve never been a pet sitter off Guernsey before so this is something new and exciting for me, that I may take advantage of more in the future, especially now I won’t have children to care for at home anymore.

I’ve added my sitter profile and I’m more than happy to answer any relevant questions.

Thank you for reading this far.
Lisa

Edited to comply with posting guidelines.

6 Likes

Hello @Lisa-Guernsey and a warm welcome to the Community Forum :wave:t2::slightly_smiling_face:

I just had a peruse of your profile and it looks great, however I would suggest maybe adding a couple of external references if possible.

Who is the gorgeous doggie in the photo? :dog:

I have added a thread and a link which you should also find helpful

https://www.trustedhousesitters.com/blog/sitters/how-first-timers-can-get-their-dream-house-sitting/

Also, remember you can use the spyglass symbol at the top of the page next to the TrustedHousesitters logo and search for any questions that you may have as they have most likely already been answered on here and of course if not then please just ask!

I have attached a thread below, it would be great if you could join in with this as we think you could offer great feedback and your input would be a great addition :blush:

2 Likes