Housesitting newby

Hello, I live in north west London with my husband, a dog and two cats. On our forthcoming trip to New Zealand I am planning to use a housesitter for the first time. As you can probably imagine, I have a load of questions and have found the FAQs helpful, but I hope that as I move through the process of developing a profile for the main site, I can ask questions in the forum.

4 Likes

Hello Philipa,

You definitely can! We are a helpful bunch, so ask away. :grinning: You can also ask us to take a look at your profile once it’s up, so we can give some feedback.

Enjoy the forum, there are many helpful threads here!

3 Likes

Have a fab holiday. I see Els has replied to you, Els and Trevor are great house sitters and sat for us, I am sure she will keep you right but as a HO I would answer any questions I can if it helps, you will have help from both sides.

1 Like

Hi @Phillipa. Welcome to TrustedHousesitters and the community forum. What an exciting adventure you have planned!

As @Els said, you can add a link to your sitter profile in your forum profile and ask our members for helpful tips and feedback. This way you get people looking at your sitter profile, and you gain valuable feedback that you’ll benefit from for years to come.

Again, welcome to the forum!

1 Like

Hi @Phillipa. Welcome.
When in the UK I’m based in Harrow.
I think for first time pet owners (and sitters) the first time can be a little nervious. I’ve done a few sits this year for new THS pet owners and helped them feel more comfortable. I get that it can be worrying about leaving both your pets and your home to someone you’ve only just met. However there are many great sitters on this site that do what we do as we love animals.
Please ask any questions here. I’m sure many of us will jump in and help if we can.

1 Like