Hi! New sitter family from London

Hello, I’m Ally. Myself, my wife and our five year old daughter joined Trusted Housesitters so we can be temporary pet owners and enjoy some peace and quiet away from London from time to time.
We live in a 2nd floor flat without a garden so we don’t feel it would be fair to keep a dog or cat. But it’s brilliant to be able to ‘borrow’ other people’s pets for a short while.
Now that our little girl is at school we are tied to holidaying in the school holidays, which makes traditional UK holidays unaffordable for us. But we are hoping we can explore some delightful coast/countryside the UK has to offer, whilst also enjoying taking care of people’s precious animals.
I have enjoyed reading the conversations on this forum, and there is some great advice and suggestions from owners and sitters.
Thank you for having us!
Ally

6 Likes

Welcome @AllyMac . There are lots of UK sits gasping for sitters so I’m sure you’ll have your pick!

If you’d like to add your THS profile to your forum profile, members can suggest how to improve it (especially if you’re a first-timer with no reviews).

Instructions here:

3 Likes

Hello @AllyMac
On behalf of Angela and Vanessa a warm welcome to the TrustedHousesitter’s forum.

You’ll quickly see what a wonderful community of house and pet sitters we have… and just how many of us love looking after all sorts of pets.

If at any time you need any help don’t hesitate to reach out to our community here which is full of helpful members who have been through the process themselves and will happily give advice and guidance. And don’t forget our membership support team are always on hand to give assistance.

All the very best, Therese

3 Likes

Hi @Therese and @Ketch , and thank you for welcoming me to the Forum. I have taken your advice and (hopefully) managed to upload a link to my profile to my username. I didn’t realise that sitters could do this, so you have already widened my THS knowledge.
Thanks very much,
Ally

1 Like

Yes, we can see you :wave: There’s lots of helpful advice on the forum, especially for sitters, so have a good browse.

2 Likes

Hi @AllyMac and welcome to the forum. Your profile is good. The only improvement I would make is that there are a couple of photos that are not sharp. Preview your profile and you should pick these up. Well done on using your Availability calendar to show when you are actually available as many sitters do not keep this updated. You could search for advertised sits for your specific dates now.

2 Likes

How wonderful, Ally. Welcome to the THS platform. We have been sitting as a family for almost 3 years and love it.

2 Likes

Hi @AllyMac and welcome to the forum from another housesitting family. I housesit with my husband and 2 sons who are now 13 and 11. We’ve been housesitting in our school holidays since 2019 and live in Gloucestershire UK.

1 Like

Hi @Debbie, thank you for the warm welcome. Your house-sitting experience sounds great.
Funnily enough, we have just returned from Gloucestershire after a lovely long weekend pet-sitting a sweet elderly dog, and we thought the area was beautiful and peaceful. It was a wonderful contrast to London.

1 Like

That’s brilliant. I loved looking at your profile - it looks like you’ve done lots of lovely sits, with a variety of animals. It’s great to know there are other families out there being accepted for pet-sitting opportunities. Hope you continue to have many wonderful experiences.