Help & Tips to get started

Hi ! Happy to be here to start this journey.
I’m having some challenges to start and be selected.
I have recollected Friends reviews, and i Will be grateful to read típs from other housesitters.

Thanks for the help !

2 Likes

Hi @Bluestone8 Welcome to the TrustedHouseSitters community! I see you don’t have your listing linked to your forum profile.

Here’s How to add a listing or profile link to your FORUM profile

Adding this link to your forum profile will enable forum members to quickly access your listing and provide feedback. We have lots of experienced pet parents and sitters on the forum who can take a look at your profile and see if there is any room for improvement.

1 Like

Welcome @Bluestone8

We are new as well (the last few weeks) and this community forum has been an amazing source of information. :relaxed:

5 Likes

Welcome @SabrinaCam :slight_smile: I am so happy to hear you are finding the forum helpful. Are you a pet parent or a sitter?

Thank You ! I have done it.

2 Likes

Awesome! You might also find this article helpful :slight_smile:

How did you first hear about TrustedHouseSitters? Are you hoping to sit in any particular city or country?

2 Likes

Pet parents with the plans to one day down the road also be a pet sitter :relaxed: Either way reading and learning more from both perspectives has been helpful.

3 Likes

I completely agree! We’re new homeowners who just confirmed our first sitters (yay!!), and I think a lot of it had to do with reading the forum posts and understanding what sitters are looking for so that we could be sure to put the right photos and text in our profile. Not to mislead anyone, but to include the things we already have that people want to know about – like photos of the guest rooms, etc. I’m also going to be sure to get an electric kettle if we ever have a sitter from the UK, now that I’ve read a whole thread on how important those apparently are. As an American, I had no idea! :grinning:

7 Likes

Thank You Sabrina! . This is a very good point of view.
:slight_smile:

This has been a great help! I Will investigaste more about that.
Thank You very much !

1 Like

Welcome, @Bluestone8! Linking your sitter profile was a great first step. That, and getting so many external references. Great start!

Checking out the profiles of other sitters will also be helpful, for comparison.

Note that there are at least 3 TH places to look for help: the TH website, these forums, and the TH blog. An example of the last one is:

Some people apply for over a dozen sits before getting their first one. If you need a pick-me-up, just reply again with more details. For example, @Julie_A asked if you are looking for a particular city/country. Some sitters want only long sits, etc.

Cheers!

3 Likes

I’m very new. Has there ever been instances that no one replies to your request for sitting?

2 Likes

Hi @Amy75 , yes. It happens to me a few times.

1 Like

Hi !! I have been chosen! I’m SO happy.
I keep applying and taking under consideration all the amazing advices.
I keep applying with all energy.
@Julie_A , im looking for the south of spain, France an Italy this time.
Thanks for the help!

2 Likes

Hi @Amy75,

Welcome to the forum we’re glad you’ve joined and stared in the conversations. Yes it has happened to me and many others…sometimes HO’s will never respond to your application. However, I would say that is NOT the norm. I’ve found that HO’s that are searching for the best candidates possible are typically prompt in responding or at least send a response. If you never hear from a HO to me that’s an indication that they aren’t a good fit for me as a sitter.

If you’d like to add your member profile here to your forum profile so that other members can help offer advice and recommendations on how to improve your listing her is a guide on how to do that.

That is great news @Greensheep !!! I am so happy to hear the forum has been a helpful tool in your new journey with THS. When do your first sitters arrive? Where are you headed to? Again, congrats on booking your first sitters.

Woohoo! Congrats on booking your very first sit @Bluestone8 :partying_face:

I am so happy to hear the forum has helped you. It really is such a great tool. Where is your first sit located? When do you head there? We can’t wait to hear all about it!

2 Likes

Yes. It happens a lot. Don’t be disheartened. Just keep applying :+1:

1 Like

@Bluestone8 Yay!! Congratulations on securing your first sit :smiley:
Whereabouts is it? What will you be looking after?

2 Likes

Thank you! Our first “adventure” isn’t until August – we like to plan way in advance, especially with something new to us like this. We’re going to Belize and taking our moms with us since they’ve never been to that part of the world before. We’re super excited to meet our sitters and give them the best experience we possibly can while we’re away!

3 Likes