Hi, Tony and Marie from NE England

Recently joined, and looking forward to using our retirement (50’s) for UK pet sitting for some wonderful dogs and wonderful owners.

No work means no time restrictions.

A new adventure in our lives.
Thanks for reading,

Tony and Marie

5 Likes

Hello @Hallt64 and a warm welcome to TrustedHousesitters and to the Community Forum :wave:t2::slightly_smiling_face:

You can also add your TrustedHousesitters profile on to your profile on here by following the attached link, should you wish. This will then enable others to offer you helpful advice and feedback.

If you are unsure how to do this or if you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask, we are all more than happy to help. :blush:

I have attached a thread that you should find helpful.

1 Like

Thanks, I will when my profile is live, not sure what I have to do to complete it. It’s currently at 94% complete. Only things I haven’t done yet are references. Are they mandatory?

Hi @Hallt64. Welcome to TrustedHousesitters and our friendly little community here in the forum. References aren’t required. It may just be a processing delay within our system. How long ago did you set up your account?

It was only yesterday evening, I did think that maybe my profile had to be Admin approved, which is understandable. Thanks for taking the time to reply Karen

HI @Hallt64 there has been an update regarding references, as they contribute greatly to new member success they are now required.

New sitter members will need to apply for a reference before their profile will go live.

Once applied for your profile will go live and the editing page on your dashboard will show:
Your References - Waiting to hear back from your reference.

If you need any help on this please connect with the Membership Services Team on support@trustedhousesitters.com

1 Like

Thanks Angela, it wasn’t clear that references were mandatory but that’s not a problem. I’ll get this sorted as soon as I can.

Thanks,

Tony

That’s interesting you mention this as a new requirement? as when we joined about 5 years ago it was a requirement- at that time too- to have 1 or 2 references before our profile went live. So was this requirement discontinued and now reinstated? I think its very important new sitters have at least one reference to get them started.

@Lokstar I can help with this one :slight_smile:

I completely agree!

Yes, you are correct it was a requirement at one stage, but how the references were collected at that time was different, so now the references process has been updated and improved it is now mandatory again as the data shows sitters are more successful getting started with references.

1 Like

Just an update, I received two references. The floodgates then opened, we had offers of sits coming in without applying for any.
We have completed two sits (5* reviews) and two to come, and had to decline three more. So out of a total of seven, we only actually applied for one

2 Likes

@Hallt64 that’s fantastic news! :clap:t2::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like