Experienced exchanger looking for new experience

Hi everyone. My wife and I have been exchanging homes for many years and really enjoyed visiting, exploring new places, and meeting and making many friends over the years. We had a few exchanges where we were asked to take care of the hosts’ cats. We totally enjoyed the experience. These happened to one of the more memorable exchanges. We loved animals and always wanted one but with so much traveling we never committed to owning one. That’s why we signed and get of these experiences. We are really looking forward to doing some petsitting experience soon!

4 Likes

welcome - house/pet sitting is a great way to spend time with animals and make new friends

A warm welcome @Wanderer to both TrustedHousesitters and the forum, where I’m confident you’ll enjoy connecting with other members. If you’ve been exchanging homes you are almost there… but now with the added bonus of those pets you so enjoyed!

All of this previous experience will be a great asset to you starting out and just as a suggestion, if there’s any way of getting references from some of those previous experiences (you can request these through the site if you haven’t already) that will also help you I’m sure.

In the meantime, enjoy connecting, joining the conversations and we look forward to hearing about you first house and pet sit!! Happy days, Vanessa

4 Likes

Thanks for the warm welcome! I have a question about Airbnb and LinkedIn links. Are these posted for the homeowners to see too? I think I have posted one of them but I can’t seem to find them now. I want to post both links. Any ideas?

1 Like

@Wanderer Hi… I can help you with that. Firstly I can see that you’ve added the Linkedin link… and homeowners will be able to see this when they view your profile, along with your ID verifications as you can see in the cropped image below:

To add your Airbnb link, you need to go to your DASHBOARD and scroll down to MY SITTER PROFILE where you’ll select EDIT PROFILE.

Then select EDIT against the ABOUT YOU section of your profile. Scroll down past all your photos and other information, and the social links should be the last option available to you. That should work but if you have any problems, let me know. All the best, Vanessa

Found it! Thanks!

1 Like

Hi! My husband and I are also experienced home exchangers and have just joined TH. We have also watched a few pets while home exchanging and have had other home exchangers take care of our pets. It has always worked out really well.

We’re looking forward to our new adventure with TrustedHousesitters.

We live in Scottsdale, Arizona and am just getting my external references.

1 Like